How do first responders know who to call?

Probably a wise move considering my mom or dad are more likely to answer. My wife doesn't always answer from unknown numbers.
I watched a Dateline or 20/20 about this woman and her kids going on a trip. She was struck by a semi and her car was hanging precariously over a bridge. It was a really crazy rescue involving tow trucks, the police and some military guys that just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Really amazing story but what really stuck out to me is that her husband had no idea until the next day. They’d repeatedly tried to call him but he didn’t answer because he didn’t recognize any of the numbers. My DH is the same way. Here’s hoping that if something like that should happen he’ll get a clue if they keep calling and he hasn’t heard from me. :rotfl:

I watched a Dateline or 20/20 about this woman and her kids going on a trip. She was struck by a semi and her car was hanging precariously over a bridge. It was a really crazy rescue involving tow trucks, the police and some military guys that just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Really amazing story but what really stuck out to me is that her husband had no idea until the next day. They’d repeatedly tried to call him but he didn’t answer because he didn’t recognize any of the numbers. My DH is the same way. Here’s hoping that if something like that should happen he’ll get a clue if they keep calling and he hasn’t heard from me. :rotfl:
I could honestly see my wife finding out second or even third hand as she's not very good at answering her phone. Maybe they'll send her a text message though, she'll receive that.
Her not answering is mostly due to all the robo calls she receives, and yes she's on the do not call list.

I could honestly see my wife finding out second or even third hand as she's not very good at answering her phone. Maybe they'll send her a text message though, she'll receive that.
Her not answering is mostly due to all the robo calls she receives, and yes she's on the do not call list.
Same for my DH. Our phone account is in his name, I figure that’s why. We even talked about making a list of all his real contacts and putting his phone on Do Not Disturb only allowing that list through because it’s so ridiculous.

Trying to figure out why they left no message? :confused3

In a calm dulcet tone - Hello Mr Whoever, this is the Wherever Police Dept. Sir you need to contact us at 555-555-5555. It is an important matter.

If the phone is unlocked & you cannot communicate they will go to your favorites. The first one their is usually spouse or SO or child or parent.

If I find a phone and it is unlocked I look there first or for Mom.

Trying to figure out why they left no message? :confused3

In a calm dulcet tone - Hello Mr Whoever, this is the Wherever Police Dept. Sir you need to contact us at 555-555-5555. It is an important matter.
I want to say he wasn’t listening to the voicemails either but I can’t remember for sure.

The last time I renewed my license, they asked me for emergency contact numbers. They asked for my spouse and someone other than who I lived with, such as a parent or sibling.
When I run or ride my bike, I have a RoadID bracelet I wear that has emergency information. I also have my expired drivers license and a spare health insurance card in my bike bento box. I have a very good friend who was injured in a bike accident. His RoadID saved his life because of the health information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter