• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do I add pictures to signature?

ter-moo

DIS Veteran
I haven't been active in awhile, but now I am again, and I wanted to change my signature pictures. How do I do that? It wants a web address when you click on the picture icon, and nothing happens when I click on the insert button. Any wisdom???

I haven't been active in awhile, but now I am again, and I wanted to change my signature pictures. How do I do that? It wants a web address when you click on the picture icon, and nothing happens when I click on the insert button. Any wisdom???

The Insert button hasn't worked since last January due to an issue where the system thinks the server is NOT running under SSL and tries to load JavaScript files via HTTP instead of HTTPS, causing background security errors in modern browsers.

Whoever is responsible for fixing it either can't figure it out or is too busy doing other things.

Distickers don't work because of a certificate issue on the distickers site which also hasn't been fixed in over a year. Try a different ticker site.

Hey - did you ever figure out how to take the old ticker off? It's driving me crazy - it looks like I haven't been back in 14 years!!! Also - I can't figure out how to change my picture...

--------- I removed your ticker ~ WM Mary Jo

:tinker: It was all started by a mouse! :earsboy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping the move tomorrow may help get some of these issues corrected :teleport:

Now that the move is completed, I can no longer see my (or anyone else's) signatures. Just a red X. Is this a technical glitch or are sigs no longer a part of this new forum? Thanks!

Now that the move is completed, I can no longer see my (or anyone else's) signatures. Just a red X. Is this a technical glitch or are sigs no longer a part of this new forum? Thanks!
I can see some -- like all the other posters on this thread except yours. All I see for yours is what looks like a graphic of a photo with a red X. You might try posting on the Move thread started by Webmaster Alex.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-board-hosting-questions.3886818/

I do see your red X, BSH. And I have seen others also. I do see more signatures than red X's, but still do see the red X's scattered in threads.

I was just able to add a ticker to my signature. I usually use Chrome as a browser. I added Edge. Then I used the tickerfactory countdown. I used the BB code, copied and pasted it in signature, hit save and it was added! I spent all morning researching the boards and finally pieced together this fix.

I was just able to add a ticker to my signature. I usually use Chrome as a browser. I added Edge. Then I used the tickerfactory countdown. I used the BB code, copied and pasted it in signature, hit save and it was added! I spent all morning researching the boards and finally pieced together this fix.
Ok dumb question, but when you say you copied and pasted it in signature, did you go to your account settings to do this, or were you in a post and pasted after your post? :oops:

I'm wondering the same thing! My "ticker" is from years and years ago!!

Hey - did you ever figure out how to take the old ticker off? It's driving me crazy - it looks like I haven't been back in 14 years!!! Also - I can't figure out how to change my picture...
Let me know if you still need help with your signatures.

Ok dumb question, but when you say you copied and pasted it in signature, did you go to your account settings to do this, or were you in a post and pasted after your post? :oops:
No question is dumb. I went to my account and then opened up signature. Then went to the web site using Edge for a browser. I tried and tried using Chrome and nothing worked! Using Edge, I had no issues. Does this answer your question?

--------- I removed your ticker ~ WM Mary Jo

:tinker: It was all started by a mouse! :earsboy:
I removed your ticker and put it in your post so you'll still have the information if you want it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter