how do I arrange full housekeeping?

ellenmiele

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I have a reservation at BWV which my daughter is using for the first 5 nights and my nephew is using for the next 3 nights. I would like to arrange/pay for full housekeeping on their switch day. Can I request that in advance, or do i need to have my daughter request it at check in? Is it possible to just request it for one night or will I have to get full housekeeping every night?

:flower1:

You can arrange it as a one-time visit via the desk while there. Arranging "in advance" almost never works.

Since you have 8 nights, you should get a full housekeeping on day 4 (which is considered after night 3). You should be able to request that you want the full cleaning on day 6 instead, and it shouldn't cost you anything. You should set it up when you are checking in. I have had mixed luck when trying to change the date - but you are allowed to do it. Sometimes they clean on the regular day only, sometimes they clean on both days, and sometimes they don't clean at all. If I am changing the cleaning days, usually I will set it up with the front desk, and then on day 3 call housekeeping directly to make sure the change has been noted.

If I am changing the cleaning days, usually I will set it up with the front desk, and then on day 3 call housekeeping directly to make sure the change has been noted.

This! I have requested a full cleaning on our Trash and Tidy day when we were in a GV, and had called either FD or Housekeeping a couple of days in advance to set it up. I did NOT call Housekeeping to confirm this the day previous to my requested full clean. That was my mistake, as we went to the parks on my selected full clean day, and both myself as well as my DD#! and her DH, each left a $20 tip (total of $40) for the housekeepers. We came back to find that not only had our villa NOT been fully cleaned, but the person who did the job did not even do a proper Trash & Tidy (they had not emptied all the trashes, had not replaced supplies like shampoo, paper towels, etc.). BUT of course they had gladly taken the $40! I was ticked, to say the least.

I called Housekeeping and asked to speak to a manager. Told them I had been a member well over 20 years at that time and had never once had a bad housekeeping experience at OKW. Told her in detail what had NOT been done, even for a Trash & Towel, and that I was quite upset that the $40 tip was taken when it was intended for the soul that would clean our entire place, change out all linens, etc. I told them it was not in our budget to leave another $40, but we felt badly that the person that would do the job we had originally requested, would not be getting the tip we intended them to.

All that said, if you request additional or changed housekeeping, please to take a minute to call and confirm with someone the day before to avoid disappointment. :cutie:

This! I have requested a full cleaning on our Trash and Tidy day when we were in a GV, and had called either FD or Housekeeping a couple of days in advance to set it up. I did NOT call Housekeeping to confirm this the day previous to my requested full clean. That was my mistake, as we went to the parks on my selected full clean day, and both myself as well as my DD#! and her DH, each left a $20 tip (total of $40) for the housekeepers. We came back to find that not only had our villa NOT been fully cleaned, but the person who did the job did not even do a proper Trash & Tidy (they had not emptied all the trashes, had not replaced supplies like shampoo, paper towels, etc.). BUT of course they had gladly taken the $40! I was ticked, to say the least.

I called Housekeeping and asked to speak to a manager. Told them I had been a member well over 20 years at that time and had never once had a bad housekeeping experience at OKW. Told her in detail what had NOT been done, even for a Trash & Towel, and that I was quite upset that the $40 tip was taken when it was intended for the soul that would clean our entire place, change out all linens, etc. I told them it was not in our budget to leave another $40, but we felt badly that the person that would do the job we had originally requested, would not be getting the tip we intended them to.

All that said, if you request additional or changed housekeeping, please to take a minute to call and confirm with someone the day before to avoid disappointment. :cutie:

Sounds like our last stay at Bwv last week!

I got DVC member services to put a note on my file. When I go to resort I called front desk and they said they added it then later we went in person and double checked. It was fine and housekeeping even called the room to confirm our modified schedule. I'd do it again if staying in a studio.

I have a reservation at BWV which my daughter is using for the first 5 nights and my nephew is using for the next 3 nights. I would like to arrange/pay for full housekeeping on their switch day. Can I request that in advance, or do i need to have my daughter request it at check in? Is it possible to just request it for one night or will I have to get full housekeeping every night?

:flower1:
We've done this and it worked perfectly but others have had issues but we were there for the first segment personally. I'd just have your daughter make the arrangements the last full day of her portion or if it's a 1 BR or larger, just wash the sheets/towels and they can make it up on arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!