How Do I Convince 'em?

goofysgal

Mouseketeer
My sis got us an unbelievable rate at one of the suites hotels for the week of Thanksgiving, so hubby said it's a go and get it planned. Well DD-19 only wants to go to US/IOA. Except for test track hubby says he has no interest in WDW and will be happy at US/IOA. I thought my DS-10 would save me--but even he is content to to just do US/IOA as long as we spend lots of time at Nickelodeon. How do I convince them that we should still do at least a couple of days at WDW?:confused: :confused:

I see by you signature you are planning a WDW trip for April. Personally I would stick with US/IOA/SW on this trip. If nothing else maybe you could convince them to do a day at DD and eat a meal there or at a WDW resort. That is what we did on our US/IOA/SW trip. I was able ot get my does of WDW but still spend most of our time at the other parks that trip.

I hate to tell you but, as your DS gets older, it will be even harder to convince him to choose WDW over USF/IOA. My kids are now DD-11 and DS-9. I asked them after our May trip, when we spent two days at USF/IOA and five days at WDW if they would change anything the next time. They both said they would want to do four days at USF/IOA and the rest at WDW.
USF/IOA is really marketing to capture the teen and young adult crowd.

As the others have said, you may be fighting a losing battle. My brother took a recent trip and spent the entire time at US/IOA. His kids are 11 and 13....and they LOVED it!!! It seems as though this park is particularly designed for this age group (though I know people of all ages like it!)

I myself feel very loyal to WDW right now (my DD's are also 4 & 8).

If you are determined to "convince" them to try WDW, then why not call Disney and ask for their travel guide video and cdrom? These may help them "get in the mood". I would also suggest getting some books (Birnbaums might be good for the easy layout and photos). Maybe your family will see that there's more to WDW then Cinderella's castle and Dumbo.

Also, have you thought of going to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach one day? Your family may love these water parks, and they too have the "disney touch"

Remember, too, that "there's always next time". Kids go through phases....in a year or so, they may feel totally different.... Your husband, on the other hand......well.....that's a different story...... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter