How do I prioritize tickets on MDE? Do I even need to in this situation?

Having a CM at Guest Services prioritize them is what we do and then we ALWAYS check them in the park after entering (anytime during the day) because 50% of the time they were incorrectly prioritized. The last two times they were incorrectly stacked and the park Guest Services gave each of us a comp day because of the trouble caused.

How do you double check the prioritization? Having not gone thru this before, I’m not sure what I look for on the app.

Marking tickets as inactive does nothing at all in relation to using them inadvertently for park admission.
A guest CAN NOT do anything to prioritize tickets. Nothing. At all. You must stop at Guest Services and have them take care of it any time you have more than one type of ticket media on your account. Always and forever. Even if you have done it once. Never assume it "sticks" for next time.
When you say "sticks" for the next time: I have an AP and NE tickets, I will go to GS to activate the AP and prioritize tickets in August, is that good for the life of the AP or do I have to go back to GS in October to make sure it "stuck" before I enter the parks? Also, someone earlier mentioned checking after park entry to make sure the right ticket was used, does this mean another trip to GS? TIA

When you say "sticks" for the next time: I have an AP and NE tickets, I will go to GS to activate the AP and prioritize tickets in August, is that good for the life of the AP or do I have to go back to GS in October to make sure it "stuck" before I enter the parks? Also, someone earlier mentioned checking after park entry to make sure the right ticket was used, does this mean another trip to GS? TIA
You need to check each time. Never assume.
And yes, it means another trip to GS if you want to be 100% certain in advance.
If you are feeling lucky you can gamble and enter the park and hope it didn't use your NE ticket. But you better check right away and make sure it didn't use a NE ticket entitlement in error. If it did, go right away to GS and have them fix it. But checking does not take a trip to GS to check the ticket. You can do that on the MDE app, under Tickets and Passes, from the Home tab (not the website, only the app)

Last edited:

I have a one-day non-MK ticket plus 4 PHs leftover from a 10-day NE ticket all linked in my MDE account. I am planning on using the one-day ticket plus one PH day from my NE ticket on our upcoming Christmas trip. Right now, I'm not sure which one I want to use first, but I will know by the trip. I really would prefer not to mess with adding fictional people to my MDE account. My plan is to try the concierge at WL once we arrive to have them prioritized. If that doesn't work, we will be going to dinner at Citricos. Could I stop at MK and go to Guest Relations to have it done? What time does Guest Relations close?

The last two times they were incorrectly stacked and the park Guest Services gave each of us a comp day because of the trouble caused.
The small problem with comp tickets is that they are not the same as the lost ticket. At least this was our experience.

Our lost 'never-expire ticket-day' was replaced by an expiring 'comp' ticket. The comp doesn't expire for some time, but the never-expire was better.

I have a one-day non-MK ticket plus 4 PHs leftover from a 10-day NE ticket all linked in my MDE account. I am planning on using the one-day ticket plus one PH day from my NE ticket on our upcoming Christmas trip. Right now, I'm not sure which one I want to use first, but I will know by the trip. I really would prefer not to mess with adding fictional people to my MDE account. My plan is to try the concierge at WL once we arrive to have them prioritized. If that doesn't work, we will be going to dinner at Citricos. Could I stop at MK and go to Guest Relations to have it done? What time does Guest Relations close?

Yes, as I mentioned I've always had them do it at a DW hotel concierge, and then check it when I enter through a tapstile to make sure the one I wanted was used. You can also go to Guest Relations outside the park to have them prioritized as you said. If you go to GR still check it when you enter. I'm not sure if GR hours change or not, so I don't know when they would close during your trip, it's a good question.

Marking tickets as inactive does nothing at all in relation to using them inadvertently for park admission.
A guest CAN NOT do anything to prioritize tickets. Nothing. At all. You must stop at Guest Services and have them take care of it any time you have more than one type of ticket media on your account. Always and forever. Even if you have done it once. Never assume it "sticks" for next time.
Not sure why the technology isn't there for guests to prioritize and manage their own tickets.

It OBVIOUSLY is there since CMs can do it, just not sure why they just don't open that up to the general public.

Not sure why the technology isn't there for guests to prioritize and manage their own tickets.

It OBVIOUSLY is there since CMs can do it, just not sure why they just don't open that up to the general public.
That would make sense now, wouldn't it?

If you figure out why they don't offer guests the ability to do it, be sure to share. Because I sure don't have a clue.

It would make everyone's life easier. And would have saved me 2 hours of vacation time

That would make sense now, wouldn't it?
If you figure out why they don't offer guests the ability to do it, be sure to share. Because I sure don't have a clue.

It would make everyone's life easier. And would have saved me 2 hours of vacation time

I'm not a fan of beginning my vacation at guest services, but I usually bank in some time to do that at the Disney Springs location on arrival day. I'll have to do it if I get an AP and make sure my old NE tickets won't be consumed. (Besides I need to use guest services to "sell back" my old 5-day tickets to go towards the AP).

From an IT perspective, there is a definite balance between giving users more control and thus eliminating a service call (or time spent by guest relations) and making it confusing to more casual users and thus creating more support calls.

My guess is that a VAST majority (of which we here on the boards are not) of guests just have one set of tickets .. use them .. and get another set of tickets when the need arises, so it just hasn't been a high priority to them to make that user interface available to the public. Of the small percentage of guests that have multiple tickets in their accounts, probably a small percentage of them need to worry about prioritizing the order.
They probably prioritize updates to the app that make more money - being able to buy annual passes, making dining reservations via the app, being able to do mobile ordering, etc.

Probably one of the many reasons they got rid of those no-expiration tickets (besides the obvious of forcing people to pay the increasing ticket prices) was to try and reduce the amount of need for "ticket prioritization" issues they cause since they hang around so long.

I just assume it is done to dissuade us from having multiple tickets in our accounts. Since they eliminated the no-expire option, they probably figured the problem will naturally work itself out until only a very low % of guests have multiple tickets in their accounts.

In the old days, it was in Disney interest to have us buy tickets were didn't plan to use. If customers lost unused tickets, then WDW came out ahead.

But now they probably have to store a good deal more data, and all that data is rapidly starting to add up.

I just assume it is done to dissuade us from having multiple tickets in our accounts. Since they eliminated the no-expire option, they probably figured the problem will naturally work itself out until only a very low % of guests have multiple tickets in their accounts.

In the old days, it was in Disney interest to have us buy tickets were didn't plan to use. If customers lost unused tickets, then WDW came out ahead.

But now they probably have to store a good deal more data, and all that data is rapidly starting to add up.
You'd be surprised at just how many do have multiple tickets on their accounts still. It's due to the way Disney requires tickets to get some packages and folks having AP and the like.

I actually know quite a few in real life and all have multiple tickets and none have ever been NE

I know I am commenting on an old post but it sounds like I am in a similar situation.
My husband has a DVC Gold Pass and now wants to take me to Disney for my birthday/our anniversary which just so happens to fall during the Spring Break Blackout period.
I have called and tried to upgrade his pass over the phone with no luck. We are staying onsite and I want to make Fastpass reservations at 60 days out.
The only viable solution I can come up with is to buy a 5 day base pass and add it to his profile under MDE. I will use this to make his Fastpass reservations.
When we get to Disney, we will upgrade his pass before we enter the park.
To keep from having a prioritizing mixup, I was thinking about reassigning the 5 day pass to my daughter (who won't be with us) on MDE after we upgrade his pass but before we enter the park.
My question is, if I reassign the 5 day pass we originally used to make the fastpass reservations will it mess the fastpass reservations (and my whole reason for buying the 5 day base pass) up?
My plan for the 5 day pass is to use it to pay for the annual pass renewal at the end of the year.

I know I am commenting on an old post but it sounds like I am in a similar situation.
My husband has a DVC Gold Pass and now wants to take me to Disney for my birthday/our anniversary which just so happens to fall during the Spring Break Blackout period.
I have called and tried to upgrade his pass over the phone with no luck. We are staying onsite and I want to make Fastpass reservations at 60 days out.
The only viable solution I can come up with is to buy a 5 day base pass and add it to his profile under MDE. I will use this to make his Fastpass reservations.
When we get to Disney, we will upgrade his pass before we enter the park.
To keep from having a prioritizing mixup, I was thinking about reassigning the 5 day pass to my daughter (who won't be with us) on MDE after we upgrade his pass but before we enter the park.
My question is, if I reassign the 5 day pass we originally used to make the fastpass reservations will it mess the fastpass reservations (and my whole reason for buying the 5 day base pass) up?
My plan for the 5 day pass is to use it to pay for the annual pass renewal at the end of the year.
No, it won't impact FP, as long as he has some type of ticket media valid for those FP days.

Last edited:
No, it won't impact FP, as long as he has some type of ticket media valid for those FP days, nothing will happen to the FP.
Thank you so much! That was the only thing I was worried about. I hate to have to buy another ticket just to book fastpasses (especially since its only about $150 to upgrade the annual pass) but I know I will use it eventually!

This is the answer. I ask at the resort GS desk to prioritize my tix (we have some non expiry and unused old tix too), then after we scan into a park, I check with a CM with an iPad to double check, and at some point during the day, stop in at GS to double check. Typically, they have to fix it just about every time. One time they made so many errors (each change must be noted in the file) that they added 2 extra days to our nonexpiration tix! Two years ago, and the days are still there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter