How do I quote certain lines or passages within a prior post?

Uncleromulus

Plain grey will be fine
I've figured out how to quote an entire previous post:)

But I see others quoting a sentence or two--then posting their reponse to that particular item--and then doing the same thing several more times.

How do I do that??? Not quoting the entire post-- just part(s) of it??

What I do is first hit the quote button like you are quoting the whole post and then copy and paste the the first QUOTE that is in brackets (one at the top) with the user's name on it and paste it at the beginning of the sentence or whatever you want to quote and then copy the last QUOTE that is in brackets (one at the bottom) and place that at the end of the sentence or wherever you want to place it and once you hit submit it should quote just what you want and not the whole entire thing. I do also delete the parts that I don't want quoted and if you want to post something about it, type it under your quote like normal. Hope this helps.

Quoting several people (or the same person in more than one piece).

Method 1: Make a normal replay using quote. For the second, third, etc. piece make a separate normal reply but instead of clicking Submit, highlight and copy the entire reply including opening bracket. Back up to your first reply and edit that, pasting in the new piece.

Method 2: Hand type (or cut and paste) the parts you need all in one reply. For each quoted part insert "QUOTE=quotee" in square brackets and no quotation marks at the start and insert slash-quote in square brackets at the end.

Your finished reply must contain some text ("your own material") outside the quoted areas otherwise you will get the error "message too short."

Example follows. Within the brackets, omit the spaces between characters when doing it for your replies. Common mistakes: (a) Using curly brackets or parentheses instead of square brackets, (b) Omitting or losing the slash.

[ q u o t e = s e a s h o r e C M ]
dada dada dada
[ / Q U O T E ]

will look like this:

seashoreCM said:
dada dada dada

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter