how do i quote someone in a thread

tramps’lady

Mouseketeer
hi
i hit the quote link and something came up saying the post had been added to a mulitple something or other but it doesn;t show up in my reply to that person who i thought i was quoting. is there something i'm missing? thanks

hi
i hit the quote link and something came up saying the post had been added to a mulitple something or other but it doesn;t show up in my reply to that person who i thought i was quoting. is there something i'm missing? thanks

i think i figured it out. didn't see that extra button

is there something i'm missing?

You can quote in 2 ways:

1 - use the "Reply" button to the lower right of the post you wish to quote. This is to the right of "Link" and "+Quote" then "Reply" Using this option will automatically jump you to the reply box at the bottom of the thread, with the quote automatically inserted.

2 - use the "+Quote" button - this option allows you to to "multi-quote" which means quoting multiple posts in the same reply. It sounds like this is what you did. It puts the quote into a sort of temporary hold and you can continue reading the rest of the thread. When you are ready to reply, you will need to click in the reply box and click "Insert Quotes..." button at the bottom right of the reply box.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter