How do I reserve dining for a split party?

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
Trying to reserve Kona Cafe dinner for 10 people in early May but nothing unavailable until too late for the kids in the group. We are fine splitting into 2 groups. I got a 5:30 for 6 people and I can get 5:35 for 4 people but the system won't let me have both reservations. I called the dining number but the CM did not know how to do it. I emailed DSS yesterday but did not hear back yet so trying to forge ahead on my own if anyone has an idea.

Funny back at our 180 day mark, I was able to reserve 6 and 4 online for 10:00 at CRT with no problem. CM later told me that shouldn't have been able to happen even though I made myself the lead on one reservation and another adult in our party the lead on the other reservation. We all share one MDE and I prefer not to have to set up a different one just to get this Kona reservation.

Since you want to keep this all on one MDE........I'd ask to speak to an IT CM instead of one say in the Dining department.
Further I was able to make a resort ADR before I even booked my room (what if you're local and just want to eat?) so there really should be some way to get around this.

Since you want to keep this all on one MDE........I'd ask to speak to an IT CM instead of one say in the Dining department.
Further I was able to make a resort ADR before I even booked my room (what if you're local and just want to eat?) so there really should be some way to get around this.

Thanks I just got a return call from DSS while they could not get a reservation for 10 they were able to add 4 at the same time which is fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!