How do I turn pictures?

Pyotr

DIS Veteran
Good afternoon,

Can someone please explain to me how to turn pictures? Every one I post is sideways. I use an iPhone Xs.

Attachments

• 10B4A3F6-F144-4E88-9B04-C348F86ED18F.jpeg
    10B4A3F6-F144-4E88-9B04-C348F86ED18F.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1
Hmmm

Attachments

• 1248E2A0-B398-4F85-B05E-A05C187BFC07.jpeg
    1248E2A0-B398-4F85-B05E-A05C187BFC07.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 0

So, pictures that you take portrait style will be upright, and pictures taken landscape style will come out sideways on the forums.
Is that for pictures being posted from an iPhone?

I've got pictures taken landscape:

and portrait:

that load here fine. But they are photos I've taken with my camera. I have them on my computer and oriented there correctly.

Is that for pictures being posted from an iPhone?

I've got pictures taken landscape:
View attachment 437756

and portrait:
View attachment 437758

that load here fine. But they are photos I've taken with my camera. I have them on my computer and oriented there correctly.
The photos above are loaded directly from the iPhone. In the past, when I post from my phone and the pic is sideways I go home and edit it on my computer and reload the post. But, I don't think that would work for someone who loads a few pics from the iPhone.

@WebmasterAlex / @WebmasterCorey ~ do you know if there is a fix or setting for uploading landscape pics from your iphone so they appear right-side on the boards?

I had this issue uploading pictures from my iPhone. I was advised that when the boards went through the upgrade that compatibility between this software and iOS was lost.

In order to have my photos appear correctly, I emailed the to myself and opened in a Windows-based laptop through Paint. I was instructed to not rotate the photo (it displays correctly when opened in Paint). I saved the file in .jpeg and was able to successly upload here.

I do not know how to fix this for those who do not have access to Windows.

It's doing the same thing from my Samsung phone so not just an iOS issue. Even when I've downloaded it to my computer it flips it back when I attempt to post the pictures on the boards.

In order to have my photos appear correctly, I emailed the to myself and opened in a Windows-based laptop through Paint. I was instructed to not rotate the photo (it displays correctly when opened in Paint). I saved the file in .jpeg and was able to successly upload here.
Thanks to @Chirple, this worked for me to fix the orientation problem of trip report photos from my iPhone.

Thought I’d share a trick that just worked for me - I have a portrait photo taken on my iPhone that I airdropped to my iPad. i opened it to edit, adjusted the brightness a few degrees, and saved the change.

I then posted to a thread and it posted with the correct portrait orientation, I don’t think the airdrop to iPad is a necessary step- I did that as I’m at home so on the iPad rather than my phone. I think it would work the same way if posting from an iPhone. Looks like what is needed is and edit and save, to retain the portrait rather than posting sideways. No Windows PC was used.

Photos can simply be edited on the iPhone directly. I always find that if a pic is rendered sideways on the board that I can simply rotate it 90 degrees, save it and then rotate it back 90 degrees. Then I remove it from the original post and upload it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!