How do I use tickets to pay for annual pass

Next_disney_princess

Mouseketeer
HI everyone! I keep seeing where people mention buying tickets and somehow using them to offset money owed on annual passes. This confuses me, can you help me by explaining it? We (me dh and dd6) are annual passholders. Why/how would we benefit from buying tickets to offset annual pass prices? And where would I get the best deal on tickets? I see that our targets and publix carry them (north florida). I like to be thrifty and if this is a way to do that I'd love to learn. Also are there other perks by buying tickets and adding them to my passes? I appreciate any info/tips you can give!

YOu go to customer service tell them you want an annual pass. Depending on how many days you have left on your tickets, the money amount equivalent to your number of days left is applied to the AP. If you already have a pass it would not make sense to purchase tickets because all your are doing is transfering the money you paid toward the tickets over to the AP you are renewing. If you are a Florida resident then get the Florida resident passes from Disney.

YOu go to customer service tell them you want an annual pass. Depending on how many days you have left on your tickets, the money amount equivalent to your number of days left is applied to the AP. If you already have a pass it would not make sense to purchase tickets because all your are doing is transfering the money you paid toward the tickets over to the AP you are renewing. If you are a Florida resident then get the Florida resident passes from Disney.

That's wrong.

OP: people buy discounted tickets from authorized resellers when they have a good deal (like a 6 day ticket for the price of 3). The ticket is coded as a six day ticket so that's the value that Disney assigns to it.

@Robo has a thread that helps.

As long as you have not used all entitlements and the ticket is still valid (13/14 days from first use), it can be upgraded. The AP will be backdated to the day of first use.

The full value of the ticket - not whatever days are leftover - is applied to the AP.

But it may not worth the hassle.

Thank you for the replies! We do already have annual passes. I guess maybe that is why some people book packages and then apply the tickets to their passes?

Thank you for the replies! We do already have annual passes. I guess maybe that is why some people book packages and then apply the tickets to their passes?

Yeah, sometimes people upgrade their existing ticket, whether it's in a package or not, to an annual pass. But since you already have your passes, there's no benefit for you. Although, I do have a ticket from February that I didn't use because of my annual pass and a CM at Guest Services told me I can apply that ticket towards my renewal as long as I do it before the ticket expires.

Some package promotions have a minimum ticket requirement. For example, the Free Dine promotion had a requirement of at least 4D park hoppers. So if you already have an annual pass and wanted to book that offer, people say you can "save" those package tickets toward your renewal. I've not had that verified though.

We did it to upgrade to AP last year. We did the math across several authorized resellers to find the best value (not necessarily the longest ticket... do your research first). Then once we got to Epcot, we headed to Guest Services and upgraded it to the AP. I think we saved about $60 each (it was almost a year ago so don't quote me on that). Your mileage may vary, depending on the resellers' current prices. Make sure you do the math and the research though before you go so when they add it up it matches your math. If it doesn't, inquire why. Not all cast members are trained on this so sometimes you need to politely request to speak with a managing cast member. The guy who handled it for us knew exactly what we were doing and did everything correctly.

Some package promotions have a minimum ticket requirement. For example, the Free Dine promotion had a requirement of at least 4D park hoppers. So if you already have an annual pass and wanted to book that offer, people say you can "save" those package tickets toward your renewal. I've not had that verified though.

This was my situation. I already had an annual pass but circumstances resulted in us having a package for our February visit. The ticket from the package is in my account and I was told by Guest Services that I can use the value towards my renewal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter