How do the Chase Disney Card specials work?

hllb

DIS Veteran
I'm waiting for the play/stay/dine for January to (hopefully) be released. It's my understanding this was available to Disney Chase card members a couple of days before the general public. Can anyone tell me how they work? Will I get an email from Chase? Or do I have to go to a website somewhere to see when it's released? And then how would I add that to my room?

As of late Disney Visa card members have not been getting a head start.
If you signed up for emails you'll get one but likely not until hours after a discount is released.
If you go to the Disney Visa website you could also find the info as soon as it drops.
Your best option though is to just hang out on here. Join a thread that is watching and waiting for that particular discount.
Its unfortunate but apparently gone are the days when Disney Visa members got the perk of booking about 1 week prior to general public.

Huh. I saw something that last year it was released to Disney Visa members about 2 days before the general public.

Huh. I saw something that last year it was released to Disney Visa members about 2 days before the general public.

Meh they seem to pick and choose when they feel like releasing any discount offer early and its just been that more times than not in the last few years they have not released discounts early. Maybe you'll get luck but I'd still be hanging out on here vs waiting for an email.

I'm waiting for the play/stay/dine for January to (hopefully) be released. It's my understanding this was available to Disney Chase card members a couple of days before the general public. Can anyone tell me how they work? Will I get an email from Chase? Or do I have to go to a website somewhere to see when it's released? And then how would I add that to my room?
If you signed up for emails you'll get one but likely not until hours after a discount is released.
If you go to the Disney Visa website you could also find the info as soon as it drops.
Your best option though is to just hang out on here. Join a thread that is watching and waiting for that particular discount.
Its unfortunate but apparently gone are the days when Disney Visa members got the perk of booking about 1 week prior to general public.

Below is my post on the historical data of Stay Play Dine release dates from the Stay Play Dine calculation thread
more details here: (https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2017-calculation-thread.3550783/page-7)

2017 Travel - released 9/28/16 VISA, released 9/30/16 PUBLIC
2016 Travel - released 9/24/15 VISA, released 9/28/15 PUBLIC
2015 Travel - released 10/6/14 VISA, released 10/9/14 PUBLIC
2014 Travel - released 10/3/13 VISA, released 10/7/13 PUBLIC
2013 Travel - released 10/4/12 VISA, released 10/10/12 PUBLIC

And just to add info here for those that stumble across this post, 2011 & 2012 were the last 2 years where Free Dining was offered during Jan/Feb/Mar. For 2013 and onward it's been Stay, Play & Dine. There's often rumors each year that free dining is coming, and then it ends up being StayPlayDine so if you hear that rumor again, take it with a grain of salt.

Thanks, that's the same info I saw (2 days lead time for Disney Visa holders). However, how do you actually use that discount or find out about it?

Thanks, that's the same info I saw (2 days lead time for Disney Visa holders). However, how do you actually use that discount or find out about it?
The best place to find out about these discount releases is here on the DIS. Sometimes you'll get an email from Chase or Disney about it, but many people don't. I've always found out about these discounts first right here by following the varying discount threads for my travel dates.

I got the email last year....in my junk folder. We did get first dibs but I found out on here, because I missed the email lol.

Most important, is that the last few DVR offers included additional dates not offered to the general public (at least the case for FD for this fall)

It was offered last year two days before the general public. Sometimes Disney offers it ahead of the general public but there have been times when Disney does not. Keep hoping we will hear something real soon.

I called on September 28th last year - right at 7 am. Told them I was a Disney Visa card holder and asked if the special was released. She said yes and proceeded to book the trip. Hoping for the same real soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter