How do the DVC member cruises work?

kmc33

DIS Veteran
I saw the announcement for the 2006 member cruise and I was wondering how it works?

Is everyone on the ship a DVC member or does DCL just block a certain portion of the ship?

Also, are the number of points needed the same as other 4-day Wonder cruises? Does everyone in the cabin have reserve on points? Conversely, can you be a DVC member and pay cash rather than points?

Thanks for you help!

I am anxiosuly awaiting these answers myself. We have not done the two previous cruises and I am planning on doing the 2006 cruise.

I wonder what the $$ rates are.

The timing for this question may have not been so good because all of the DVC members who participated in the Member cruise are on the ship! :o

So true Kim! LOL

I beleive the points were a bit higher than other 4 day cruises (at least I think I remember some big fuss about it... lol) but those who have done it felt it is worth it.

I called and for sure we wont be able to book more than 11 months out, since the system isnt set up that way, but I did ask about paying with cash, and MS said you call the same number.

If you do a search by title you should find last years threads with prices and such. :-)

Laurabearz said:
If you do a search by title you should find last years threads with prices and such. :-)

I tried this yesterday on this board and the cruise board and nada.

I think I forgot to look in the forum tho. Will check there now.

Kathleena... if you do an advance search, title only on both boards, and enter Cruiseon the result pages 4 and 5 (maybe some on 3) there are a dozen or more posts about it.

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter