How do we know whether a sailing has a Pirate night?

ResilientRabbit

Earning My Ears
We are soon leaving on a two-night Wonder cruise out of San Diego and I didn't know whether we should pack costumes for pirate night. Does anyone know how they handle this on the short west-coast weekend cruises? Or should I just call DCL and ask?

Thanks!

We are soon leaving on a two-night Wonder cruise out of San Diego and I didn't know whether we should pack costumes for pirate night. Does anyone know how they handle this on the short west-coast weekend cruises? Or should I just call DCL and ask?

Thanks!
When your online check-in opens, it will indicate which night is Pirate Night if there is one. Another way to check is the BBB schedule and look for the pirate makeovers.

If you log into the DCL website and pull up the details for your cruise (My Reservations-> View Details link) it shows you the day to day itinerary. If there's a Pirate Night it'll say it in bold letters on the day. We're on the Wonder out of San Diego in 3 weeks and it shows pirate night on day 3.

That's exactly what I needed to know! Thank you! Very helpful!
pirate:
If you log into the DCL website and pull up the details for your cruise (My Reservations-> View Details link) it shows you the day to day itinerary. If there's a Pirate Night it'll say it in bold letters on the day. We're on the Wonder out of San Diego in 3 weeks and it shows pirate night on day 3.

Oh cool! I never would have thought to check the BBB schedule! So clever! Thank you! pirate:

When your online check-in opens, it will indicate which night is Pirate Night if there is one. Another way to check is the BBB schedule and look for the pirate makeovers.

This technique also works if (due to a glitch) Pirate Night shows up twice - like it did on my Magic 2/2017 cruise. But BBB only went Pirate League one of those, so I knew that was legit Pirate Night.

Do Alaska cruises usually have Pirate Night? I hadn’t noticed any mention on the TRs I’ve read.

No, no Pirate Night for the Alaskan cruises. They has a Pixar Party instead when we did Alaska. No fireworks there due to environmental restrictions
Yes. Pixar party and Frozen night. Pixar is just in the atrium like the character dance parties. Frozen night had a special menu and a deck show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter