How do you change your signature?

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL POST.
The other "duplicate post" was an error. Not sure if I did something or the boards are acting up again.

When you are creating the new ticker, are you starting with your current one and just changing the information? Or are you creating a whole new one?

All I know about tickers, is you go the site where you create one. Here is one such site: http://distickers.com/ticker/ After creating the ticker, you then copy a code to paste into your signature window.

Not sure what code works, you may have to try all of them to to figure out which one works.

That is the same place I am going. I add the different info and then try to cut and paste but it just replaces the one I have. That is how I was able to change the old one but now I want to add a second one. I will keep playing around with it. Eventually I will figure it out hopefully lol!!!

I add the different info
That's what I'm not understanding. Are you starting with the current ticker you have when you go to the site and just changing the information? Or are you actually starting a whole new ticker (selecting the background, cursor, and info)?

If the former, the ticker code would be the same and just replace itself when you paste it. If it's a whole new ticker it should have a different code, and should be able to be pasted in your signature separately.

That's what I'm not understanding. Are you starting with the current ticker you have when you go to the site and just changing the information? Or are you actually starting a whole new ticker (selecting the background, cursor, and info)?

If the former, the ticker code would be the same and just replace itself when you paste it. If it's a whole new ticker it should have a different code, and should be able to be pasted in your signature separately.
selecting a whole new ticker. New background and cursor as will as typing in new wording above. but it just replaces then

selecting a whole new ticker. New background and cursor as will as typing in new wording above. but it just replaces then
Well, I don't know, then.

Unless there's some problem with the original ticker. :confused3 But don't take my word for it.

Well, I don't know, then.

Unless there's some problem with the original ticker. :confused3 But don't take my word for it.
no worries. thanks for trying to help. I do appreciate that very much!! I will just continue to play with it a bit and if I can not get it then it really is no big deal. I at least got my old one changed.

@horse11 please send me the code that you're trying to do and I'll see if I can put it in your signature for you. If you want two tickers, you might have better luck putting them side by side instead of one on top of the other

I'm having the same issue as some have here - can't get my old countdown to go away. Have tried clicking on it and deleting the code, but it doesn't go away.

How do you block signatures? (they can be a bit distracting) Thanks!

I figured it out right after posting this question...but here is how to turn off signatures as a reference for anyone else who is curious:
- Hover over your username at the top of any page and choose "preferences"
- Uncheck "Show people's signatures with their messages"
- Click "Save changes"
- Enjoy DISboards sans flashiness ;)

Mary Jo - - I have an old ticker from last month that I can't seem to delete (it's the Halloween one). Can you help with with this?

I figured out the answer to the question on my own. Would a Mod Please delete this post?

Last edited:
The 10 posts thing is what hung me up too. I have a very old signature that I can't change. Here's to being 1 closer to being able to edit!

I know this is an old thread, but I can’t seem to edit mine now. It’s been set as is since 2009 soooo definitely need to change that lol

I know this is an old thread, but I can’t seem to edit mine now. It’s been set as is since 2009 soooo definitely need to change that lol
You only have 7 posts (on record - any posts on DVC forums don't count). You need 10 posts to access the signature option.

Ok so I gave my 10 posts, I have made my custom ticker and I have the links to copy and paste, but none of them are translating into an image instead of code :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter