How do you feel about wearing a mask at Disney parks?

How do you feel about wearing a mask while at a Disney Park?

• If wearing a mask means the parks can open sooner, I'll wear one. I just want to be able to go!

• Wearing masks would detract from the Disney experience I love so much! I won't go if I have to mask

Results are only viewable after voting.
I made a suggestion in another thread...if you have a gaiter and the top hem is large enough ( if it has a hem ), cut a small slit and run a cord to use as a tie. When I rethread a cord or ribbon I use a small safety pin to push it through to the other side.
good idea, thank you. my husband found one on amazon that seemed to have a drawstring; same concept - so that should work. I will let him know.

I am sorry if this has already been addressed. I read the Disney website that states guest have to wear face masks and from the description, it doesn't sound like gaiters are going to be allowed. However, several you tubers have gone to Disney Springs wearing gaiters and posted videos wearing them. Will Disney allow gaiters as face coverings, since Disney Springs is allowing it?
merged you to the existing thread
Gaiters seem to be alright to wear

This thread is about how you feel about wearing a mask in a Disney park, not for debating the efficacy of masks. That particular angle of this topic will only lead to various medical debates and in all likelihood derail the thread.

Thank you.

Does anyone have a suggestion to what to do instead of a mask, when you can't be 6 ft apart?

I personally have not had a cold in over 3 months, but if anyone as a alternative, like Goofy, I'm all ears!

Does anyone have a suggestion to what to do instead of a mask, when you can't be 6 ft apart?

I personally have not had a cold in over 3 months, but if anyone as a alternative, like Goofy, I'm all ears!
there's no alternative, if you're coming to WDW or DL you have to wear a mask for now

Is anyone planning on going to WDW once they open next month? I'm curious to hear all of your updates about how wearing one in the parks goes! :)

Considering that that our Governor here in CA just ordered all residents to pretty much wear a mask anytime we leave home I am actually even more ok with wearing one in WDW now.
I can either be at work all day wearing a mask or be in WDW wearing one. Easy choice!!

I'm a teacher and was consistently sick from August all the way until schools closed at the beginning of March (8 or 9 times - all leading to multi-week sinus infections, upper respiratory tract infections, etc). I haven't been sick since, so I'm quickly becoming sold on all of this enhanced cleaning and awareness. :teeth: Disney, I'm coming for you with many cute Disney masks!

I'm a teacher and was consistently sick from August all the way until schools closed at the beginning of March (8 or 9 times - all leading to multi-week sinus infections, upper respiratory tract infections, etc). I haven't been sick since
I'm an urgent care physician. As soon as they announced the closure of schools and businesses and the state went on lock down, I told my coworkers that within a week our volumes would drop to nothing. They thought we'd be swamped with everyone thinking they had COVID but I explained that with everyone home, nobody will be out spreading colds, flu, strep, bronchitis, etc. Sure enough, within 1-2 weeks we went from seeing 30-40 patients a day to seeing 5. That was also due to all sports being cancelled so no sports-related injuries.

So legoland has a strongly suggested policy on mask... and a few people do but i dont feel comfortable being near all the people that dont..
The whole idea of mask is to protect others it defeats the whole process to mix up people.. for as its everyone or we wont go.

I had to edit... orange county just announced a mask law in the county :)

Last edited:
So legoland has a strongly suggested policy on mask... and a few people do but i dont feel comfortable being near all the people that dont..
The whole idea of mask is to protect others it defeats the whole process to mix up people.. for as its everyone or we wont go.

I had to edit... orange county just announced a mask law in the county :)
Legoland is in Polk County, not Orange County.

WDW is requiring everyone to wear masks
That's what this thread is about, not what's happening everywhere else
Not the efficiency of masks
Not anyone's professional opinion other than how do you feel about wearing masks at wdw
I cannot remember how many posts like this ive done but I'm going to have to start issuing warning which i hate doing cause i feel you can all follow simple rules

FWIW - the entire STATE of California now requires masks. My experience; if you just embrace the masks, then put in some effort to find the ones that work best for you, it is really not a big deal, especially if that is the cost to do everything else. But, you have to get over the mental hurdle first!

The Disney Springs website talks about the “appropriate face covering” requirement but doesn’t explain what they will consider an appropriate face covering. I’ve seen people wear a variety of options: bandanas, neck gaiters, and a range of masks from paper disposables to elaborate multi-later homemade designs. Are there guidelines somewhere for what Disney considers “appropriate” or do you think they’ll wait to see what people do and then base their guidelines on that (i.e. ban covers that look too thin or loose)?

502850 502855

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter