How do you feel about wearing a mask at Disney parks?

How do you feel about wearing a mask while at a Disney Park?

• If wearing a mask means the parks can open sooner, I'll wear one. I just want to be able to go!

• Wearing masks would detract from the Disney experience I love so much! I won't go if I have to mask

Results are only viewable after voting.

jmstroud

Earning My Ears
I don't want to debate the merits of wearing a mask or not (although feel free to let loose in the comments, lol). I am legitimately curious about the consensus of hardcore Disney fans on this question though. I know there may be a nuance in any policy Disney decides on, but ultimately they will have to decide whether masks will be part of reopening or not. FWIW, I think both viewpoints are totally legitimate. I just wonder how many are in each camp. What do you think?

I'd prefer not to wear a mask- is there anyone who would??? lol But, if Disney requires it, I will. Even if it's just a recommendation, I most likely would and will definitely keep one on me in case we run into situations where it's obvious we can't social distance. I'm going with disposable and it'll be a use once and toss, much easier than trying to deal with on and off of a fabric one during the day.

of the options I would choose that I would wear a mask if that is what it takes to safely (for myself and others) to visit the parks

I will say that we do not have a trip currently planned so maybe easier for me to say that - I do think if we had a trip planned for say July and masks were required/encouraged it wouldn't cause me to cancel my trip

That said, the propsect of wearing a mask in Florida in Summer is not motivating me to now plan a trip

I can't answer that. I don't want to wear a mask, I don't feel safe. Beyond myself my kids have real issues wearing them. How you gonna keep a mask on a kid?

Also, if I've already had this why should I have to wear a mask?

I personally think that people should just be adults and realize that when you're out you have the risk of catching this virus as well as other viruses. If you're willing to take that risk then go. If you're not willing to take that risk stay home. There is no way for Disney to ensure that you won't catch the virus while there. Also, no way for Disney to check everyone's masks for safety. Most masks do diddly squat for viruses. Unless Disney personally provides fitted N95 masks for everyone the risk is still there.

Our trip is planned oct 2-9. If they are required then we'll pass. My 17 year old has to wear one all day at work and is breaking out from it. I wear them when I go places so I'm not anti mask, I just don't see it enhancing the vacation we're spending over $10,000 for. I can't imagine keeping it on my 2 and 4 year old lol. We'd just push our trip to 2021. A bummer but not the end of the world.

We have no issue wearing them, if the data still supports that it will help mitigate us possibly passing it on to someone else. Might be inconvenient, might be a bit uncomfortable, but our comfort levels aren't what is driving our decisions.

And truthfully, this whole experience has made me and my family much more comfortable wearing them in general - we are very likely to wear them out in public during flu season if we feel we might be coming down with a cold/flu for the foreseeable future.

I am 100% pro mask but...With this upcoming visit being a twice in a lifetime trip, if my family needs to wear a mask then its not worth it to go due to the heat/humidity and health concerns. We can wait another year or two if need be. I am already working on getting the kids excited for Tron, GotG coasters and the Raptor coaster at Univ which we would have missed this trip.

I despise wearing a mask and I haven't taken my kids anywhere since their last day of school so they haven't had to wear a mask. Going to Disney and being forced to wear masks does not sound like an enjoyable vacation. Why would I want to spend thousands of dollars to wear masks in 100 degrees, not to mention wearing them on rides, photos and countless other priceless moments spent with my family?

I'm claustrophobic, so the mask puts me in a bit of a panic. I live in a state where wearing a mask in public places is mandatory, so, so far, I have avoided going into public places (I have been able to do delivery for all of our groceries and other needs). I do go outside, but only on our property or I will walk/run around the neighborhood at odd hours to avoid others (and if I do see others, I keep way more than a 6 foot distance). I don't really know if I could handle walking around WDW with a mask on. I just ordered a few and may try it again, but if I can't handle it, I'm really going to have to figure out how to navigate just life in general if masks continue to be mandated in my state and beyond.

We'll wear them if we have to, but I'm not looking forward to having one on in that September heat if it's open then. I also don't want a lot of pictures wearing masks!! It is what it is though and I'll do whatever the law says I should do.

I feel if Disney makes it a requirement, then people who don't want to wear one don't have to visit the park until that requirement is lifted. If its mandatory for kids but you don't think yours will keep one on, you don't have to visit. No one is forcing you to go to Disney during a pandemic. Is it a bummer to have to wait? Sure, that's understandable. But if you absolutely refuse to wear one, there is the option of waiting to visit..

I would wear one if that was the requirement at the time. Depending how quickly they decided it wasn't mandatory anymore, I might still wear one.

We'll wear them if we have to, but I'm not looking forward to having one on in that September heat if it's open then. I also don't want a lot of pictures wearing masks!! It is what it is though and I'll do whatever the law says I should do.

Well it's not technically a law anywhere.

I feel if Disney makes it a requirement, then people who don't want to wear one don't have to visit the park until that requirement is lifted. If its mandatory for kids but you don't think yours will keep one on, you don't have to visit. No one is forcing you to go to Disney during a pandemic. Is it a bummer to have to wait? Sure, that's understandable. But if you absolutely refuse to wear one, there is the option of waiting to visit..

I would wear one if that was the requirement at the time. Depending how quickly they decided it wasn't mandatory anymore, I might still wear one.

Yeah I think we all know this. I am not sure why this gets posted over and over again.

Are they going to throw you in Disney Jail if you don't wear a mask? Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer would not wear the ribbon for some type of charity walk. Seriously, I am not going to spend that kind of $$$$$ at Disney to be told I have to wear a mask in the hot/humid FL conditions. To each their own once they get in. I'd love to see the parade route with "social distancing" taking place too....what a riot (literally and figuratively) that would be.

If it's required, sure I'll wear one. We've already discussed and it may just mean breaking our days up a bit more than normal. We normally start around park open and stay until early afternoon. Then we take a break and head back out in the evening. We may just look to break it down into 2-3 hour blocks instead if the masks are uncomfortable/hot. Or we may find mornings and evenings are just fine and stick to our normal routine. We'll just play it by ear but are hopeful that we can get back to WDW for our September trip. If masks being required means lower attendance, even better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!