How do you feel about...

We've had two cancelled for 2020 and have four booked between March 2021 and March 2022 so yes we are eager to get back on board! However, I really don't see our March 2021 cruise happening - either because some sailings still might not be back and/or because we will still have a 14 day quarantine to come home to in Canada. Just glad our PIF date has been pushed out til late January as it gives us more time to decide. After that it's on to fretting about our August 2021 Europe cruise and whether or not that will be pushed out again....

Our next cruise is planned for February 1, 2021. Not sure it will happen....after that June 12, 2021. I do hope that by that time there will be a vaccine and cruising!

As eager as I am, not ready yet. Next cruise is scheduled 9/21, I'm anxiously waiting for it all to start again, but I still prefer to err on the side of caution.

I had an April 24, 2021 cruise that I let go this week. I moved it out to feb 2022. Even if dcl is ready by April 2021, I don’t think we will be. But have my fingers crossed for my September 4, 2021 cruise.

Our next cruise will be in May 2020. I hope that's doable. We've missed out on a trip to Hawaii, a cruise of the British Isles with a land tour of Ireland, and a future cruise/land tour of Africa which had been scheduled for next February. We've also postponed two trips to the east coast to see the grand kids. Being in the high-risk category is getting real old -- just like we are.

Our next cruise will be in May 2020. I hope that's doable. We've missed out on a trip to Hawaii, a cruise of the British Isles with a land tour of Ireland, and a future cruise/land tour of Africa which had been scheduled for next February. We've also postponed two trips to the east coast to see the grand kids. Being in the high-risk category is getting real old -- just like we are.

Do you mean May 2021 or 2022?

If they did a « Canada only » cruise departing from Canada, with Canadian ports only (Quebec, Saguenay, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, etc.) once we go back to the « Green Zone »... That would make us able to go back home and not quarantine... maybe ...

But it’s already cold out there so... Probably not. I’ll wait until people start getting the vaccines. If things get better, we’ll do our April 2021 cruise.

Not ready yet. Not ready to spend the amount of money that you do on a Disney cruise and have to wear a mask, perhaps not be with the characters, not have the same experience with the kids club, etc. Also, definitely not ready to have to have a whole ship quarantined if it’s found that people have it on the ship! Those are work days I cannot afford to lose!

We were scheduled to leave August 2020 and obviously that didn’t happen. We are now scheduled for August 2021 with doubts in our head. I lost my 48 year old healthy principal to this virus, I can’t imagine losing anyone else.

In the US, there are 200,000 deaths for 7 million+ cases. That's nearly a 3% fatality rate.

And 'survival' is an interesting concept. I am much more likely to survive a venomous snakebite in the US than this virus. I can survive a car accident too - never mind the limb out of commission.
The 7 million. does not include all the asymptomatic people that never got tested. We really have no idea how many people have been infected. Not to get off topic but the fatality numbers have been published by the CDC and it's not 3%.

In the US, there are 200,000 deaths for 7 million+ cases. That's nearly a 3% fatality rate.

And 'survival' is an interesting concept. I am much more likely to survive a venomous snakebite in the US than this virus. I can survive a car accident too - never mind the limb out of commission.

Total deaths are from day 1 when protocols were not in place, they were even sending sick people to nursing homes in New York. Current fatality rates are much improved.

The 7 million. does not include all the asymptomatic people that never got tested. We really have no idea how many people have been infected. Not to get off topic but the fatality numbers have been published by the CDC and it's not 3%.
Total deaths are from day 1 when protocols were not in place, they were even sending sick people to nursing homes in New York. Current fatality rates are much improved.
The cases and the waves always lead the number of deaths with a lag. Maybe the latest is no longer nearly 3%, it has fallen to 1.5% or 2% or something else. But it's still 100 times worse than the "survival rate of 99.98%".

For every asymptomatic individual not tested, you have dozens more who have 'survived' but have had their health otherwise wrecked.

That being said, this isn't the thread to discuss these issues. Happy to do it in the community board section.

Last edited:
We are ready to sail now. We had a cruise booked April 2020, which we moved to June 2020, which was then moved to January 2021. We decided to move it again & are now booked May 2021. We are hoping to see a sample of what DCL looks like before we sail again. Our family has made a list of non-negotiables that would prevent us from sailing. An example of something on the list is there must be stage shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter