How do you feel about...

I will take a vaccine once it has been properly approved and will happily walk through the team clapping as our name is announced. I am more concerned about a negative test being required and not being able to obtain the results in a quick enough turn around time to initially board.

When they come back, price/value will make a big difference to me. We had a sailing in March 2021 and moved it to 2022 because I don’t want to pay full price if a lot of the experience is modified or cut—especially kids clubs, shows, and dining. If they add last minute 40% off deals like WDW is doing, maybe we will do a short cruise in 2021 after all.

It all depends on the price.
Which is why we still have our March 2021 cruise booked, as it's booked with a Canadian residents rate. Still don't think it will sail or if it does, pretty sure we will still have to cancel due to mandatory quarantine back home. But hanging onto the reservation for a while longer (esp since they moved our PIF deadline to end of January).

I would go if the experience was the same as it was before the pandemic. We have been having our home remodeled, and as such have been dining out almost daily for about three months. We never wear masks and only go to places that don't care.

Would not go at all, even if it was free, if we had to wear masks.

Sounds like everyone, cruise industry included, would benefit more from you staying home then.

Sounds like everyone, cruise industry included, would benefit more from you staying home then.

Whatever my personal feelings on this are, this goes against the board rules. Please do not attack one another.

Ask the local restaurants, at which we have spent several thousand dollars over the last months, whether they would have benefitted more from us staying at home.

I simply answered the question and do not need your editorial shaming.

Clearly the restaurants are making a choice by not requiring them. Just as you have a right to state your preference so does this poster to disagree IF they do so respectfully.

It all depends on the price.
I hear ya. I booked a WDW trip in January because I got 35% off. I certainly wouldn't pay full price to visit WDW right now. I'm not expecting discounts on cruises with the reduced capacity.

Hi everyone,

I hope you have all stayed safe and well over the last few months!

I was wondering, if we said we were cruising from tomorrow, how many of you would jump at the chance to cruise again?? Just something we have all been discussing amongst ourselves lately.
I can’t wait until we are all back together with you on the seas!
KT :)
I’d be at PC as soon as I could get on the first flight from AZ, my wife and kids agree. As soon as we can get on a ship, we’re outta here. It may be Carnival Horizon in December, hasn’t been cancelled yet, if it sails we’ll be on it.

I’d be at PC as soon as I could get on the first flight from AZ, my wife and kids agree. As soon as we can get on a ship, we’re outta here. It may be Carnival Horizon in December, hasn’t been cancelled yet, if it sails we’ll be on it.
I'd love to add a three-day cruise to my WDW trip in January. I'm in wait and see mode. Maybe in a month, we'll have more clarity.

I hear ya. I booked a WDW trip in January because I got 35% off. I certainly wouldn't pay full price to visit WDW right now. I'm not expecting discounts on cruises with the reduced capacity.
I'm not so sure. When they come back, they will almost certainly require masks and make cuts, and with the new 60-day cancel policy I could see a pretty big wave of cancellations/rebookings to 2022. I was surprised how much some cruises I had been eyeing in 2021 opened up after the latest early 2022 release. I expect summer 2021 will empty out as well once summer 2022 is announced.

While a lot of us LOVE DCL cruises and would like to sail again, I think we are far outnumbered by the large number of people (1) not willing to take the risk of Covid-19 (or the related risk of getting quarantined onboard or upon return); (2) not willing to wear a mask or take a Covid-19 test before sailing (or not otherwise willing to go with restrictions or cutbacks); (3) first-timers or "one and done" folks (either because of DCL's high prices or just not that into cruises but doing it for the kids), who may want to hold off for a fully restored experience; (2) international travelers who may not be able to travel to/from the US.

So I would expect that even with reduced capacity, DCL will have a hard time selling out most cruises (except for popular/rare itineraries), and we'll start to see pretty decent last-minute discounts on "standard" cruises in 2021. Which is why I just can't bring myself to pay full price for one now. Definitely hoping to squeeze in a 3-night sometime though at a reduced price so that I can experience the new island port adventure at Nassau and get some DCL to tide me over to our longer cruise in 2022.

I'm not so sure. When they come back, they will almost certainly require masks and make cuts, and with the new 60-day cancel policy I could see a pretty big wave of cancellations/rebookings to 2022. I was surprised how much some cruises I had been eyeing in 2021 opened up after the latest early 2022 release. I expect summer 2021 will empty out as well once summer 2022 is announced.

While a lot of us LOVE DCL cruises and would like to sail again, I think we are far outnumbered by the large number of people (1) not willing to take the risk of Covid-19 (or the related risk of getting quarantined onboard or upon return); (2) not willing to wear a mask or take a Covid-19 test before sailing (or not otherwise willing to go with restrictions or cutbacks); (3) first-timers or "one and done" folks (either because of DCL's high prices or just not that into cruises but doing it for the kids), who may want to hold off for a fully restored experience; (2) international travelers who may not be able to travel to/from the US.

So I would expect that even with reduced capacity, DCL will have a hard time selling out most cruises (except for popular/rare itineraries), and we'll start to see pretty decent last-minute discounts on "standard" cruises in 2021. Which is why I just can't bring myself to pay full price for one now. Definitely hoping to squeeze in a 3-night sometime though at a reduced price so that I can experience the new island port adventure at Nassau and get some DCL to tide me over to our longer cruise in 2022.
I hope you are right.

I'd get right onboard. No hesitation, no concerns. Who knows if the virus will ever be gone. Can't hide forever.

The restrictions would stop me from going more than the Virus. I don’t see them stopping those for a while. That’s why I booked Dec 2021 =]

Fingers crossed.

While I wouldn’t go tomorrow. I’d probably say yes if it was spring or summer 2021

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!