• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you get the best price on a campsite?

TmnsnMD

Mouseketeer
I just wanted to know how do you get your best deal on a campsite at FW? Our next trip will have to be a Summer trip (early June or late Aug). I know this is the busy time of the year, but are there normally specials, AAA discounts or "codes" during the summer for campsites? Any info you can pass my way would be great!

Thanks everyone :pinkbounc

there are Disney Club discounts, and Annual Pass discounts if you hold either one of those or plan to get them. You can also check out Deb Wills site. (sorry i don't have the link handy but this is the main site address and you can look there for a link the the discount code info there. www.wdwig.com)

For the time of year you plan to go the alloted disounts for DC and AP my fill up quickly. I am not certain if they are even available yet.

You may want to call Disney Reservations and talk to someone there. I have found most all of them to be very accomodating and helpful. Even if you aren't booking right then, they can help find information for you.

I know i wasn't very specific, maybe someone else can provide more details for you....but at least this can get you started.
- lori

I have two reservations for August... one for us and one for friends who will be arriving 5 days later. I booked both of them so I could request that they be linked. I was able to get a AAA discount on the reservation for 12 nights but not for the one for 17 nights. It seems the discounts can't be applied for stays longer than 15 nights. Anyway, AAA discounts were available for that time period (I called in November). I think the discounted price was about $28 for a partial hookup. Hopefully, you can still get a discounted price.

Jeff

North 7, get your AAA discount for the portion of the 17 night stay that you are able then make a separate reservation for the balance of your stay in the same campsite type. Once you have those two reservations, cancel the original one and transfer your deposit to one of the new reservations. Once you have all your reservations, they can "link" them so that you would not need to change campsites, just check out & in on the morning of the second reservation.

This could save you enough money to make the small inconvenience worth it. Also, some people have been allowed to check-in for both reservations when they first arrived, pariticularly if their first reservation was for a relatively short stay. Just make sure both ressies are for the same type of campsite. :)

Thanks Lisa. I did think about doing this before but I didn't want the hassle of switching sites. I didn't even think about the possibility that you wouldn't have to change (I guess I should have asked ;) ). I think the AAA discount is about $6/night on the partial hookup site, so that would save us about $100... I think I'll phone and see if there are any discounts for those dates.

Thanks again,
Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter