How do you get yourself in the parade?

pouncingpluto

DIS Veteran
I read that they select a bunch of people to wear hippo hats in the Parade of Stars everyday. Has anyone here been in it? How did you get selected?

pouncingpluto

1978-1995 too many times to count
1998 All Star Music
6/2000 Shades of Green
12/2000 Port Orleans
1/2001 Disneyland

babypluto03.gif

Yep, I see it :D

I don't know if this has changed since May when I was in the parade, but what I did then was the following:

Go to the Town Square where the Omnibus stop is and wait there about an hour before the parade. I'd ask around Main Street at least two hours ahead of time to see if that timing is still correct. Watch for the Omnibus (double-decker green bus) to come out with some cast members wearing funny hats, overalls, and sky-blue shirts with clouds over all. Follow them around and attract their attention. I saw some people being silly to get their attention, others ran up and all but attacked them (sorta), others were just sitting there and approached by the CMs. I went up to one (after following her half-way down the parade route) and asked her politely if I could give it a try. She said sure though I had to take all my stuff (bellybag, camera, hat, etc) to the locker first.

I had an absolute BLAST in that parade and highly recommend the experience if you can succeed in being one of those picked :D But be warned...the hippos, bears, and monkeys tend to get QUITE a workout while all the other animals have a more relaxing time. I was a rope-carrier at the end of the parade and really enjoyed that.

Good luck and have fun if you can get in it! :D Feel free to drop me an email if you have any questions, and I did a trip report that included my experience in the parade over on the Disneyland Trip Reports board (a report I never finished, sorry, but I did get through the parade at least)

-Rajah
tigerbow.gif

mickeymoonsm.jpg

cdrtrisal@aol.com

Rajah and VonDrake's Honeymoon

Rajah's Disneyland Crossword Puzzle

Okay MaryJo....
I was going to be in the parade, but they didn’t know how to get me inside the bubble with Aerial.

Rajah description of how to get in the parade is correct. I don’t know when it is going to start up again. They didn’t have a parade today at all. They still have some Holiday decorations up so maybe it will start again next week. I’ll try and get a date and post it.

Good luck on getting in the parade. My family had a blast.

Also they don't give the hats away anymore. Now you get a special pin.

goofy14.gif

Keith ;)
Disneyland-Weekly
WDW-87 Disney Villas
99 Wilderness Lodge

It was still that way when it was replaced with the Holiday parade. So I would assume that they will still do it that way when they bring it back. Good luck.

goofy14.gif

Keith ;)
Disneyland-Weekly
WDW-87 Disney Villas
99 Wilderness Lodge

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter