How do you have a relaxing Disney vacation?

Pool and/or a nap in the afternoon is a must for me. We usually go to the parks in the morning, return to the resort by noon and have our fp booked for night time. Sometimes, if we really want to relax we might blow off going to the parks at night and just go to the pool again. When we were at Beach Club there were days we wouldn't make dinner reservations, we would just walk to Epcot and eat at various CS around the world then walk back to the resort after.

We used to take midday breaks, but now we only go to the parks at rope drop in the morning. We don’t return at night unless we have a dinner reservation. The parks become chaotic in the afternoon and evening, and we don’t find that relaxing.

We hang out by the pool every afternoon, and spend one full day at the pool in a cabana.

We eat at signature restaurants for dinner and watch fireworks from the restaurant or from our resort. We take a private fireworks cruise one night after dinner at Narcoossees.

As a DVC member when I go on WDW trips to relax I take time visiting the lobbies of the deluxe resorts to enjoy the craftsmanship; maybe enjoy a meal, dessert or even a drink at one of these resorts. I've also hung out by the pool but sometimes that can get a bit crazy depending on the season/resort. I think one of the best times I had outside the parks was watching cast members install decorations in the lobby of Animal Kingdom Lodge in the late evening. Enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter