How do you justify the cost..

How do you justify the cost of going on a solo trip if you have a family? My DH doesn't mind going with me but does not love Disney the way I do. My kids are busy with there own lives, my friends and family don't have the time or money. I would love to go solo but I can't get past spending the money on just me. How do you do it?
Ask your husband if you can start account for you and one for him that you can both use for whatever you wish. You can deposit equal amounts each month and spend it frivilously. Who knows he might like the idea. Maybe he would like to buy something for himself or go on a trip without you also to somewhere he has been dreaming of. This could benefit you both. Absence makes the heart grow fonder right? I went for 4 days by myself when my husband couldn't get off from work and it was fabulous. Enjoy I hope you get to go

Update! I went! I didn't go by myself but with a friend! We had an awesome time and I would recommend just going to anyone! I told my dh I made an executive decision that I needed to go. I really did! I felt totally refreshed when I returned. Mentally it did wonders for me and as far as I am concerned that is priceless! So yes, if you can swing it in the budget GO!

Big congrats!!! Proud of you...... :earsboy: :tink:

I'm going on my first solo trip Thursday - however, I don't have any kids. My 4 1/2 year relationship ended back in March so I don't have anyone to go with. Not that many of my friends are interested and many can't afford it. I'm going on the cheap - offsite - hotwire rate of $30 a night for 3 nights and my third night through Trivago for $69. Only doing 2 days - 1 park per day and I'm going to have a beach day as well. I've always been curious about solo trips and how it would feel so I guess I'm going to find out. I'm excited!!

As far as your situation, if you finances allow, no need to feel guilty. It's your life and life is short!! Have fun and enjoy every single minute.

PamNC

You will have a wonderful relaxing time. No need to worry about what everyone else wants to do just what you want. There's nothing wrong with putting yourself first and pampering yourself for a few days. I went alone once for 4 days . I got a massage at the spa at Saratoga springs and enjoyed a nice pool day there . I took the boat to port Orleans and had lunch . I rode the monorail around the magic kingdom resorts and got off at each stop to walk around . I had a dole whip at the Polynesian and a maitai at the bar went to wilderness lodge and ate at whispering canyon by myself at my own table and that felt slightly weird but it was so good. I went to contemporary at night and watched the fireworks from the deck and I went to animal kingdom lodge to see the animals. I went to Coronado springs at had nachos by the pool and went on the slide. I did not even set foot in a theme park. And it was fantastic

Thanks everyone for responding. My dh isn't really into anything but working (he has his own business and loves his job!). He doesn't golf or hunt, he's pretty much a home body so he really doesn't spend money on himself with hobbies. I am not much of a shopper either. I am a stay at home/ homeschool mom. I have one left to graduate next year and then a new season of our lives will start. Our finances are good as well as our marriage so no strain there. I am thinking the guilt comes from not working (bringing in a pay check). I have worked hard to raise two good kids (heck I even homeschooled and graduated them) but I do not contribute $$.

I think you are right! It is BS guilt.

When I asked him about going he said "are you kidding me!" he thinks its too much money and I am crazy to want to go alone. I told him to think of it as my Birthday gift and mothers's day gift and he and the boys would be off the hook. I only wanted to go for 4 days (2 full days at parks 2 travel) and stay at Pop or another value. I asked him to go but he doesn't want to (I can't blame him he just took off a week at the beginning of March for a family vacation and a week cause he had the flu) and he has no desire to go this year. So here I am.

Sorry I guess I needed to vent!
My husband gives me Disney gift cards for all gift occasions including Christmas, Birthday, Mothers Day, Anniversary, etc. I request it and it’s easy for him to pick out cute ones online and shipping is free. I go solo every year for a winter break. He’s been many times with me, but now he’s too happy in his workshop to come along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter