How do you know if a restaurant is "Disney owned"?

Coconuts

DIS Veteran
In researching restaurants for my upcoming trip, many say there are differences between Disney and non-Disney owned restaurants. How do you know which restaurants are Disney owned???:confused:

Mostly Disney Springs, and Epcot table service are third party owners. Add Yak & Yeti in AK.

Don't try to use Disney gift cards at the Swan and Dolphin restaurants. But a lot of 3rd party restaurants do take the gift cards.

If you asking for food allergies, it makes an incredible difference to know this.
With a kid with anaphylactic allergies to hidden milk ingrediants, we discovered that at Epcot Coral Reef was safest, and few of the world showcase restaurants were completely safe.

All of MK, HS and all but Yak and Yeti and Rainforest cafe at AK were safe. All resorts but Coronado Springs were safe. Boathouse excellent and go to at DS.

many say there are differences between Disney and non-Disney owned restaurants.
What sorts of differences have you heard people say? I haven't noticed any consistent differences in terms of price or quality of food between the owned and operated locations versus the operating participant locations.

We don't have any food allergies or special dietary needs as @erinch alluded to, so I can't comment on that. But aside from that, most people can't tell any difference in most ways.

There’s no surefire way to know for sure without a little research, but here are a few ways to spot a restaurant not owned by Disney:

• It has its own website besides its page on Disney’s site.
  • The online menu doesn’t include allergen information.
  • Reservations are available on OpenTable.
I’m sure there are other clues as well, but that’s a good start. In general, it’s worth mentioning that most restaurants in Disney Springs and Epcot’s World Showcase are not Disney-owned. The same applies to Space 220 and Yak & Yeti.

(Personally, in general I find the restaurants owned by other companies to be of higher quality than the ones owned by Disney.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter