How do you know if your "proof of time" has been approved?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
It says that if they are unable to verify your proof of time, you will be placed in the last corral. When submitting my proof of time, I always provide the race name and date, as well as a link to the race results page--but if for whatever reason my link didn't work or if the worker at Trackshack got distracted or something and couldn't verify my proof of time--do they email you and let you know? Or do you just find out when you pick up your bib at the expo and see your corral letter?

I just registered for the Avengers 1/2 and stated that my estimated fiinish time would be 1:45:58, based on a 1/2 that I ran a few weeks ago at 1:49:25. I don't know if that is too optimistic? The 1/2 from a few weeks ago was a lot more hilly than the Tinkerbell half, which I'm assuming is a similar course to the Avengers... If TrackShack thinks this is too optimistic, will they email me back relatively soon?

Thanks!

I think they'll accept your 1:49 and seed you with everyone else in the 1:45-1:50 or 1:45-2:00 range. They certainly won't pay any attention to the seconds part of an estimated time.

I think they'll accept your 1:49 and seed you with everyone else in the 1:45-1:50 or 1:45-2:00 range. They certainly won't pay any attention to the seconds part of an estimated time.

Thanks! I've been looking at the corral breakdowns from other Disney halves--I noticed that last year's W&D Corral A was less than 1:48...but last years Disneyland half was less than 1:58 for Corral A...I wasn't sure exactly where the breakdown would be for Avengers, but I was thinking less than 1:48 seemed safe. :)

If you submit a verifiable proof of time from a race in the right distance and time frame and they think your estimated finish time is too optimistic, they'll just adjust it to what they think is realistic, they won't put you in the last corral as punishment.

That being said, since they stopped corral changes at Expo, I tend to find some excuse to e-mail them and as an aside ask them to confirm that they have my proof of time and ask what they have down as my estimated finish time. But I'm a terrible worrier, so it's not necessary at all, it's just how I deal with my craziness!

I have another question about times. I am a new runner, and I am doing a 10 mile race in just over one month. Not expecting a great time, but hopefully will finish. Anyway, should I submit that time, even if it's super slow? Like 15 minutes/mile slow? Or should I come back here after the race and ask again? Thanks!

Oh, I'm doing the Wine & Dine half in Nov. :)

I have another question about times. I am a new runner, and I am doing a 10 mile race in just over one month. Not expecting a great time, but hopefully will finish. Anyway, should I submit that time, even if it's super slow? Like 15 minutes/mile slow? Or should I come back here after the race and ask again? Thanks! Oh, I'm doing the Wine & Dine half in Nov. :)

Submitting a time is always a good thing to do since you'll be in a corral in front of everyone else who did not. If nothing else, being just one corral up will give you less people in front of you to weave around and a few extra minutes cushion for picture taking to avoid the sweepers.

Submitting a time is always a good thing to do since you'll be in a corral in front of everyone else who did not. If nothing else, being just one corral up will give you less people in front of you to weave around and a few extra minutes cushion for picture taking to avoid the sweepers.

Is that always true, even if your submitted time is the slowest possible, or even slower than the course time limit?

If you submit a verifiable proof of time from a race in the right distance and time frame and they think your estimated finish time is too optimistic, they'll just adjust it to what they think is realistic, they won't put you in the last corral as punishment.

That being said, since they stopped corral changes at Expo, I tend to find some excuse to e-mail them and as an aside ask them to confirm that they have my proof of time and ask what they have down as my estimated finish time. But I'm a terrible worrier, so it's not necessary at all, it's just how I deal with my craziness!

Thanks! I'm a terrible worrier too (my dh says I'm "paranoid") so I will probably be doing that too! I have a couple more races before the deadline, so I'll wait until after those in case I get my PRs :)
You cracked me up with "they won't put you in the last corral as punishment!"

Is that always true, even if your submitted time is the slowest possible, or even slower than the course time limit?

No idea. I just go by what rD says when they state that those without proof of time will be put in the last corral. That leads me to believe that those with proof of time will not be in that corral. But what do I know. I still don't understand how my same 4-hour time, earned each year, has put me in coral A, B, and C thus far.

No idea. I just go by what rD says when they state that those without proof of time will be put in the last corral. That leads me to believe that those with proof of time will not be in that corral. But what do I know. I still don't understand how my same 4-hour time, earned each year, has put me in coral A, B, and C thus far.

Yeah I guess that can be interpreted 2 ways. 1)The last corral is reserved for people without a time, or 2) Those without a proof of time will be considered 3:30 (or 7:00) finishers and placed in the back accordingly. :confused3

I'm glad the full doesn't require proof of time from another full, because my one and only full this far was dismal! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!