How do you make the text curve?

donnabc

Mouseketeer
My design is going to be a circle...I really wanted the line across the top to curve along the top of the picture (as opposed to being a straight "line"). But I've been playing with photo shop and Jasc Paint for hours and can't seem to find a way to do this... :confused3

I give :badpc: ...please won't one of you t shirt design wizzards tell me how to do this? :worship:

donnabc said:
My design is going to be a circle...I really wanted the line across the top to curve along the top of the picture (as opposed to being a straight "line"). But I've been playing with photo shop and Jasc Paint for hours and can't seem to find a way to do this... :confused3

I give :badpc: ...please won't one of you t shirt design wizzards tell me how to do this? :worship:

Donna --

I am not one of the Design Wizards, but.... What program are you using? Some allow you to do word art and others do not.

I have "Paint Shop Pro" and "Jasc Paint Shop Pro" that I use routinely...they just don't seem to be able to do this one thing I want though :sad:

What program do I NEED to do "word art"...DH probably has it around here somewhere if I just knew what to look for.... :confused3

Ok, I have psp7, Ill try to explain it.

click on your A in the box... bet you knew that part...

place your text tool cursor so it intersects the outline
where you want the text to curve.

You will see the cursor change...youll see the cross of your
regular cursor but if you move it slowly towards the object
you want your text to curve around youll see a line like the
smile of a smiley face...thats when you click on it.

when your text box opens put your kerning at 0
and your leading at -5
check antialias
pick your font, size and color
and click ok

If you dont like it...click ctrl and D...you can erase it and try again.

I notice I couldnt always get it to work.
It worked best on things outlined in black.

keep playing with it , youll get it!

Its called text on a path.

Here is a tutorial... http://www.hypergurl.com/insidecircle.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!