How do you organize your scrapbook?

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
Ok, now I am procrastinating. The trip was in December and I still haven't started working on the scrapbook! Ahh

For my last trip in 1997 I put together a photo album with captions from the pictures. I put them in cronilogical order from beginning of the trip to end. Now I was wondering if when you people put together Disney trip scrapbooks how you organize them? Do you do them by days of the trip of by topics? Which works best?

Beth-
I guess I do a little of both (chronological and theme) I tried to do our trip day by day, but we did so much park hopping, I did it more by "park" Such as all the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, etc... Each of these sections were several pages long. Then I put all of the "restaurant pictures" on a big spread and called it "disney dining". I had pictures of my husband driving the speedboats at Downtown Disney on the same page as the LL Cool J concert at Downtown Disney. It is in semi-chronological order because our tickets, etc...are at the beginning and the pics from our last night "in the world" are at the back. I found it was easier to be a little less "flexible" about being chronological, b/c you do so much there, it is so hard to put every minute in order from start to finish. Best of luck with your album. One of these days I will get around to putting part of mine online somewhere.
Happy Scrappin'
Candi

My Disney album is all in chronological order. You can view it on my website. :D

I'm big on chronological order, but I squish in other parts too. My Disney book is chronological by day and what we did that day. First day was MK and I started with pictures at TTC, in front of Cindy's, etc and ending with the MEP. However, I did have extra pictures of Cindy's castle from later in the week so I just threw those into the double page spread cuz it made sense. Also, I've got a ton of pictures of my kids with the characters and it didn't really make sense to separate those by day so I squished those into two double page spreads and then labeled the pictures accordingly.

I think it's just a personal preference thing. There's no right or wrong. HTH
Lisa

I do a little of both too.

I don’t work directly on my pages and I never work on the back of a page. I work in random order. If I am working in a CM book, I put all the page protectors on first. As I complete a page I slip it under the page protector. After I have completed all of my pages I then decide the order.

I've grouped all my photo's by date, and am trying to do one double spread per 'event' (park, character meal etc) but then I have quite a few of Katie and Mickey from the entire trip, and I think I will do one spread of her and Mickey, and another of her with Princess's (cause I saw a lovely princess layout on here that I want to copy!) so it's going to be a bit of a mixture.

but I think it will be 'loosely chronological, but I don't want 1 spread labeld Monday, one labeled Tuesday etc.

Bev

I did pretty much follow day by day, but I bought an AK scrapbook so all those pix are in there. Then I did one book about 25 pages of just characters and their autographs......I do make sure to do my journaling on the computer as it saves major time and you seem to fit more in. I think journaling is the key to keeping the mood for later on, I love to make notes on my trips....ex: what the kids said that day, what the characters did, how we felt about something and then incorporate it in the journaling. I also bought some of pix boxes (shoe boxes work too) and put the pix in order so I can clean up quick and still be organized.....it took me years to get a method to my madness......

cindy

Always day by day for my disney trips. The only time I changed that was when I had a bunch of great character shots with the family and put them all on a double page spread at the end entitled - Character Greeeting. The title I did on the computer using the Mickey font. And used lots of bright colored paper strips to decorate the page.

mbs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter