How do you pass the time until your next Disney trip?

I am currently 105 days (almost double digits!) away from my solo trip to Disney World! My last trip was Disneyland in September 2018.

I always feel like between 180 days and 60 days, the time just drags on by. Once I hit 60 days though, I'm so amped up because of Fastpasses and purchasing trip outfits and things like that. But right now I need something to keep my excitement up!

What do you all do to pass the time?

Go about my everyday life. I don't get overly excited, it's a vacation that I look forward too but I don't try to make the anticipation special in any way.

This. I love vacations as much as the next person, but I don't let the planning and anticipation take over my life.

We have a big cruise planned for next summer. I cruised once--17 years ago, and it was a completely different cruise line, itinerary, etc. The upcoming cruise involves 12 nights, 7 ports in 6 countries, none of which speak English as a first language, and none of which I've visited (or speak the language). So, that--I'm doing a little more planning for. By that I mean, I bought a book about cruising to that area, and I've been casually perusing cruise boards. I'll do a touch more looking around November--I hear the cruise line has Black Friday sales--and I might look at getting Christmas gifts relating to the cruise. Beyond that, I won't ramp up the planning until next March or so. And even then, it'll mostly be coordinating excursions--we'll have 8 people, ages 14-57, one with mobility issues.

Similar to the others. Yes, WDW does give me something to look forward to, but I've got plenty of other things to look forward to too. I'll admit that I was quite bummed when we had to take this summers' trip off the board due to the kids sports schedule and cost, but it's not the end of the world. Next summer will be here before I know it. I definitely keep a countdown in my head, but don't really get super excited until about 30 days out. Then it starts to become more "real".

Still thinking about hitting MK for just a one day daddy/daughter day in June, since she and I will be in the area anyway. So, so tempting.

I think it depends on the person. Unlike other posters, I'm the kind of person that spends almost every day excited about the trip. Lol. I've been obsessively planning this trip since last fall and I'm still going at just under the 100 day mark (99 to be exact!). I spend pretty much every day on the boards reading posts, I've gotten weirdly into reading TRs. I keep learning about new things that I've been adding on to our trip plan. I still have a list of to dos that I'm trying to tackle as well. However, I'm type A+ so I'm sure it's overboard for the average person. It just brings me so much joy to plan Disney trips, that's part of the experience for me. So much so that I've even offered to plan trips for people I know!

I also travel quite a bit so I spend my free time planning my other trips (I have about 4 non-WDW trips planned right now).

I think it depends on the person. Unlike other posters, I'm the kind of person that spends almost every day excited about the trip. Lol. I've been obsessively planning this trip since last fall and I'm still going at just under the 100 day mark (99 to be exact!). I spend pretty much every day on the boards reading posts, I've gotten weirdly into reading TRs. I keep learning about new things that I've been adding on to our trip plan. I still have a list of to dos that I'm trying to tackle as well. However, I'm type A+ so I'm sure it's overboard for the average person. It just brings me so much joy to plan Disney trips, that's part of the experience for me. So much so that I've even offered to plan trips for people I know!

I also travel quite a bit so I spend my free time planning my other trips (I have about 4 non-WDW trips planned right now).
Ah finally someone like me! I spend every day excited about the trip as well. But Disney is really important to me and it quite literally is my "happy place". I'm also working towards a job there (as my name implies).

I've been using some of this time to plan my other trip for next year, which isn't quite Disney related. So that helps pass the time.

Ah finally someone like me! I spend every day excited about the trip as well. But Disney is really important to me and it quite literally is my "happy place". I'm also working towards a job there (as my name implies).

I've been using some of this time to plan my other trip for next year, which isn't quite Disney related. So that helps pass the time.

I JUST noticed your name, that's awesome (notice my "custom title"). We are certainly kindred spirits! :D

It's my happy place as well, always has been. I could literally spend hours talking about Disney planning. My old coworker was asking me general questions about taking a WDW trip with his kids and his eyes just kept getting bigger when I barraged him with Disney speak for over an hour :lmao: Like I said before, planning really is half the fun for me! In my spare time, I also pin articles on Pinterest about the other Disney parks (bucket list item for me to do all of them), I created a Disney bucket list (it is LONG), outfit plan, look up cute Disney stuff on Etsy, etc.

Also, just noticed your signature ticker and that we are going during the same time! Too funny.

Swim in the pool, go to the beach (about 1.7 miles away).

Camping at the beach for a week every month or so. We love that as much as Disney.

If I'm really in the mood to plan for Disney, I'll get on Touring Plans and make a hundred different plans that we will never use. :teleport:

Edit: I should admit that I used to obsess about our trips and planning much more when we lived up north. Now, I can literally wake up one morning and decide to go to Disney for a night or two. I actually did just that in February. Got news that a much needed surgery was postponed for a month, so got online and booked two nights at my happy place to cheer me up.

Last edited:
We are leaving one week from today and anticipate all of our trips. We watch lots of DFB ( Disney food blog) on you tube. They put out something new about every few days!

I have way too many things keeping me busy to think much about Florida. I'd like to go but I'd like to do a lot of things. ;)

Im back 1 day and already planning a return in October. Helps I have family in the area.

BTW MAY IS HOOOOOOT

94 yesterday in Orlando.

Work, eat, sleep, walk, read books, watch movies, etc. My next trip isn't until the fall, so I'm not to the "amped up" stage, yet. (That probably won't happen until the week before the trip...)

I can't afford to go all that often, so there's sort of a 5 stages of grief thing that happens :)

First I get kind of sad and go through withdrawal. Then I get super motivated to memorialize the trip, organize my pictures and make crafts with them, memory boxes, etc. Then I widen my scope of intense craftiness to just general Disney crafts. Then I start planning again. Then I get sad that I won't be going anytime soon. From there the stages seem to repeat until I finally get to Disney again!

I save Disney gift cards -- but the trick is that I have to earn them, not buy them! (See the Budget Board here for awesome inspiration!) That usually keeps me busy and motivated since it takes me what feels like eons to earn a gift card. But it is a very nice feeling to see the stack grow and to know that we'll be using them on our next trip. As the stack gets bigger, I know the trip is getting closer! Each trip, I try to challenge myself to earn more cards than I did the last time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter