How do you pay dues?

Gizmo74

Mouseketeer
we just bought direct at Poly and need to pay our 2017 dues. How do most member pay dues? Each month or pay in full? If you pay in full, can you use a credit card and pay no up charge in fees? I also read some pay by discounted gift cards? Where do you buy those? Any tricks to save money would be appreciated.

We pay in full and buy discounted giftcards at BJs. It's about 4% discount on the $100 GC. We combine all the giftcards into one so it is easier to use online.

You could do credit card in full and pay no up charge. We pay with discounted gift cards.

I have only been a member for a year, but I pay in full. I also use gift cards bought with a discount.

You can combine gift cards using the Disney Gift Card website.

How do you combine them all into one? Thanks!

Create an account on Disney giftcard's site and it will allow you to register GC to your account. Once they are on your account you can choose to transfer balances. Once a card has a zero balance, you can delete that card and add other cards. They will only allow you to have up to five cards on your account.

Create an account on Disney giftcard's site and it will allow you to register GC to your account. Once they are on your account you can choose to transfer balances. Once a card has a zero balance, you can delete that card and add other cards. They will only allow you to have up to five cards on your account.
And the max you can load on a single Disney Gift Card is $1,000.

We buy discounted gift cards with 3% reward credit card, combine them, deposit into Disney vacation account and pay the dues with the vacation account number.

:earsboy: Bill

Does anyone know if the dues code as travel?

For the Costco Visa, they most likely code as "timeshare" -not travel. But I think they are an exception.

For the OP, I typically pay with gift cards. There is a thread on the budget board with tips on finding gift card discounts. Not many options right now but keep an eye out during November for discounts for next year.

For the Costco Visa, they most likely code as "timeshare" -not travel. But I think they are an exception.

For the OP, I typically pay with gift cards. There is a thread on the budget board with tips on finding gift card discounts. Not many options right now but keep an eye out during November for discounts for next year.

Thanks, I'm thinking I could use it as either money toward a minimum spend if I get another travel card or I'll just see if I can put it on a cashback card if it doesn't yield greater rewards.

We buy discounted gift cards with 3% reward credit card, combine them, deposit into Disney vacation account and pay the dues with the vacation account number.

Interesting. What exactly is the Disney vacation account? Is that something that can be created on the dvcmember website?

Interesting. What exactly is the Disney vacation account? Is that something that can be created on the dvcmember website?
No it is its own website-it is intended to help people save for their disney vacation. For every $1000 you spend from it (after 4 months of being open) you get a $20 reward (disney gift card) in the mail. Before the website for gift cards had the ability to combine a bunch of small cards onto 1 up to $1000 it was really the only way to combine a lot of gift cards into 1 lump sum. Technically it isn't supposed to be able to be used for DVC dues but it is essentially just a gift card number that you give MS over the phone and they don't know it is a DVA account vs a gift card.

No it is its own website-it is intended to help people save for their disney vacation. For every $1000 you spend from it (after 4 months of being open) you get a $20 reward (disney gift card) in the mail. Before the website for gift cards had the ability to combine a bunch of small cards onto 1 up to $1000 it was really the only way to combine a lot of gift cards into 1 lump sum. Technically it isn't supposed to be able to be used for DVC dues but it is essentially just a gift card number that you give MS over the phone and they don't know it is a DVA account vs a gift card.

Very helpful, thanks. So basically you can buy a Disney Gift Card at BJ's at a 5% discount using a credit card with 2% cash back and then get a 2% bonus Disney Gift Card on the back end. Incredible!

Which credit card(s) give the 3% rewards on the gift cards?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter