How do you set up Disney+?

Nick6300

DIS Veteran
We have a Roku TV and a normal smart TV with a smart bluray. At the risk of asking a really dumb que., do you know how set up will work for Disney+ this coming Tue 11/12? Especially for the regular TV, I'm hopeful that there's a way to get it as app on the bluray player.

I doubt it will be supported on your Blu-Ray player - it only supports certain devices. The Roku will be fine. What you will do is go to your Channel Store and download the Disney+ app. I am hoping that will be available to do a couple of days prior, though it never takes long to add channels. Then you will sign in and you should be all set!

We have a Roku TV and a normal smart TV with a smart bluray. At the risk of asking a really dumb que., do you know how set up will work for Disney+ this coming Tue 11/12? Especially for the regular TV, I'm hopeful that there's a way to get it as app on the bluray player.
Not a dumb question at all. I was wondering the same kind of thing!

I doubt it will be supported on your Blu-Ray player - it only supports certain devices. The Roku will be fine. What you will do is go to your Channel Store and download the Disney+ app. I am hoping that will be available to do a couple of days prior, though it never takes long to add channels. Then you will sign in and you should be all set!
Go to Channel store with the roku tv to download? Does a roku stick or google chrome essentially make a normal tv like my roku tv? I’m not sure what they’re for and which is better but noticed Target thanksgiving ad has each for $30 and $25. We thought for the main tv we may have to download the app on phone and cast it.

Go to Channel store with the roku tv to download? Does a roku stick or google chrome essentially make a normal tv like my roku tv? I’m not sure what they’re for and which is better but noticed Target thanksgiving ad has each for $30 and $25. We thought for the main tv we may have to download the app on phone and cast it.

A Roku Box or Stick will operate like the menu on your Roku TV but you will have to turn the TV to that input. Your other inputs will also be selected by the TV, not the Roku menu. Other than that, yeah, the streaming apps will all work the same and the Menu will be very similar. One note about the sticks is that they are Wi-Fi only so if you want a wired connection you may want to go with a box with that capability.

A Roku Box or Stick will operate like the menu on your Roku TV but you will have to turn the TV to that input. Your other inputs will also be selected by the TV, not the Roku menu. Other than that, yeah, the streaming apps will all work the same and the Menu will be very similar. One note about the sticks is that they are Wi-Fi only so if you want a wired connection you may want to go with a box with that capability.
If we have to cast from phone each time, it sounds like it might be worthwhile to get a Roku stick then. Thank you for the info.

If we have to cast from phone each time, it sounds like it might be worthwhile to get a Roku stick then. Thank you for the info.

I'm not super sure about chromecast sticks, but I think they do have some built in apps too - it's not all phone streaming. If you are already familiar with the Roku interface, I'd go with that.

I have another dumb question. How to you access the Disney+? I bought the D23 3 year bundle. I received a confirmation email, but never received any sort of way to sign onto the service. Did they send out an email? Will I receive something on November 12? TIA!

I have another dumb question. How to you access the Disney+? I bought the D23 3 year bundle. I received a confirmation email, but never received any sort of way to sign onto the service. Did they send out an email? Will I receive something on November 12? TIA!
Same here. I assumed we’d use the same login info as we use for our other Disney accounts. The same email and password as I use for D23 since that’s the account where I got the discount link to register?

Same here. I assumed we’d use the same login info as we use for our other Disney accounts. The same email and password as I use for D23 since that’s the account where I got the discount link to register?

Information should be forthcoming. If you got your confirmation email, then you should be good. I am willing to bet it is the same as your Disney password as they actually are very good about using that across all sites. When you first download the app you may need to do that thing where you have to get a confirmation code and enter it to activate it for the first time. A lot of Roku channels do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!