How do you spell horrible? Newport Bay Club

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
We’re here now and in a word the Newport Bay Club sucks.

Terrible service, lack of facilities, etc

But worst of all is the lack of cleanliness.
In fact to even use the word cleanliness in the same sentence as Newport Bay is sacrilege.
The dust and dirt in the room and hallways is beyond disgusting.

What a disappointment.

We’ve stayed at every disney resort in Orlando and all were nice and clean including pop century.

To refer to the Newport Bay as a disney hotel is to mislead to such an extent that I’d call it fraud.

This place isn’t worth $10 a night.
Certainly not $450 a night!

We just complained about the poor air conditioning in our room and what did they do?
Brought us a fan!

We’re here for another 3 nights.

Heaven help us.

I'd suggest you leave, cause no hotel in Disneyland Paris will satisfy you.
What you call 'poor air conditioning' is normal in Europe. Bringing you a fan is the most they can do. It's a cultural thing.
With the heat coming your way, be happy with what you got.
If you do not like the hotel, spend all your time in the parks, they are open till late, and all you have to do at the hotel is sleep.

But I would suggest to try and enjoy your time there, cause with this mindset, you are probably on the look out for more cultural differences you are not going to like, which will result in a terrible trip.

Last edited:
Hello 👋
I have been to Paris loads of times and hotel cleanliness was never an issue
Have you gone down to the front desk and asked to speak to a manager?

Interestingly, on trip advisor many of the most recent reviews have talked about the lack of cleanliness.

But perhaps dirt is a cultural thing.

By the way, we were in Barcelona last week, also in Europe as it happens , where the hotel was immaculately clean.
In fact, in my life I’ve never seen a hotel as well maintained and incredibly clean.
So apparently dirt isn’t a European thing, just a Newport Bay Club thing

I didn't speak about the dirt. But as for the facilities and the A/C, that's mentioned often here on the board. Disneyland Paris has hotels, not resorts. There are less facilities, and A/C is completely different here. Trust me that they brought you a fan is all that there is they could do, and with the 40 degrees heat on Wednesday/Thursday, other guests will be banging at your begging you to borrow your fan or trying to steal it, as they don't have them for every guest on site.

Looking at your previous posts when you prepared your trip, you were well aware that your opinion about France and the French is very low, and your expectations are now met. You voiced that on several occasions. In your posts leading up to your trip, you do not sound like you wanted to go to Disneyland Paris. But now that you are here, please open your mind and enjoy what is good about Disneyland Paris. There is enough to like, even when you are used to Disney World, Florida.

And if you think you could do better at another hotel, ask the manager if they can switch you over to a different room/hotel or they do a deep clean while you are at the parks tomorrow.

I hope you have a good time.

She never stated dirt was a cultural thing, it was about the air conditioning. I hate the use of air conditioning in the US and having to take a jacket to wear indoors, most Europeans do, so don't expect your room to be freezing, it will only be a little bit colder then out side, which is preferred and considered healthier in Europe

Considering it’s going to be 104 on Wednesday and 107 degrees on Thursday, here’s hoping it’s a bit cooler indoors than “only a little bit colder than outside”

And even more entertaining, tomorrow they are shutting off all electricity in the building for three hours in the middle of the day by French law to check if everything is working.
Apparently this is required to be done once a month.
Seriously?
Turn off all electricity in a building in the middle of the day in the middle of a life threatening heat wave?

Yes France

we have stated in multiple threads, in multiple posts over multiple months that the hotels in Disneyland Paris are NOT comparable to the the resorts in Walt Disney World.

we have stated in multiple threads, in multiple posts over multiple months that the hotels in Disneyland Paris have less amenities than the resorts in Walt Disney World

we have stated in multiple threads, in multiple posts over multiple months that the level of air conditioning in Disneyland Paris hotels is very different to the standard level of air conditioning in America in general and specifically the resorts in Walt Disney World.

Just because it is a Disney Park does NOT mean that what you experience in Disneyland Paris will be the same as Walt Disney World.

Disney does NOT equal America, Disneyland Paris is Frenchified Disney, with the cultural aspects of France and central Europe. This has been stated in multiple threads, in multiple posts over multiple months.

We’re very excited to be checking into the Newport Bay Hotel for the first time tomorrow, but this thread is very discouraging. I don’t expect the AC to be the same as in the US, but I hope it’s enough to make the 100+ temperatures bearable/safe. Turning off the electricity in the building tomorrow seems like a very bad idea.

We’re very excited to be checking into the Newport Bay Hotel for the first time tomorrow, but this thread is very discouraging. I don’t expect the AC to be the same as in the US, but I hope it’s enough to make the 100+ temperatures bearable/safe. Turning off the electricity in the building tomorrow seems like a very bad idea.

Indeed

I spoke with the manager.
She said they picked the afternoon as they assumed everyone would be in the park.
I pointed out that being in the park in the middle of the day when the temperature is dangerously high is not something that is chosen by all.
I pointed out that many return midday as they started in the park at 8:30
100+ degrees in the bright sun is next to unbearable to manage out of doors where there is little shade.
She just shrugged her shoulders.

I come from a country where 100+ temperatures are rather common.
No one would be caught dead outside in the midday sun.
Correction. Being outside in the midday sun in 100+ temps may well leave you dead.

we have stated in multiple threads, in multiple posts over multiple months that the hotels in Disneyland Paris are NOT comparable to the the resorts in Walt Disney World.

we have stated in multiple threads, in multiple posts over multiple months that the hotels in Disneyland Paris have less amenities than the resorts in Walt Disney World

we have stated in multiple threads, in multiple posts over multiple months that the level of air conditioning in Disneyland Paris hotels is very different to the standard level of air conditioning in America in general and specifically the resorts in Walt Disney World.

Just because it is a Disney Park does NOT mean that what you experience in Disneyland Paris will be the same as Walt Disney World.

Disney does NOT equal America, Disneyland Paris is Frenchified Disney, with the cultural aspects of France and central Europe. This has been stated in multiple threads, in multiple posts over multiple months.

You may well have said it over and over and now I’m further confirming what you said.

That while this hotel is owned by disney, do not expect American standards of cleanliness or anything else.
Which is unacceptable.
Their name is at the top.
To blame it on France and the French is just a cop out.

As a disney cheerleader, I’m embarrassed by the standard to be found here.

I spoke with the manager.
She said they picked the afternoon as they assumed everyone would be in the park.
I pointed out that being in the park in the middle of the day when the temperature is dangerously high is not something that is chosen by all.
I pointed out that many return midday as they started in the park at 8:30
100+ degrees in the bright sun is next to unbearable to manage out of doors where there is little shade.
She just shrugged her shoulders.

I come from a country where 100+ temperatures are rather common.
No one would be caught dead outside in the midday sun.
Correction. Being outside in the midday sun in 100+ temps may well leave you dead.

This is not your country. The way Europeans plan their day is not the same as how Americans plan their day in the park. The hotel manager is scheduling maintenance according to the usual patterns of European hotel guests. For example they most likely know that if 500 people are staying in the hotel, then 490 people will most likely NOT be in the hotel during the afternoon. One American family wanting them to change a maintenance schedule is not going to be taken seriously, when the 490 Europeans don't have a problem with the maintenance schedule.

I'm sorry that you're having a difficult time at the resort. I too would be upset if the power was going to be turned off in the middle of the afternoon on one of the hottest days of the year. At least you are prepared and you can make plans to stay in the parks while the electricity is off. I actually feel sorry for the staff that has to work in a sweltering hotel for those 3 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!