How do you spell horrible? Newport Bay Club

At the end of the day, NPB must be worth the price because enough people are paying it for occupancy to be at an acceptable level for Disney. If it wasn't they would do something about it such as discount it more.

From memory, it was never supposed to be quite the same level as HNY. NPB is same class as Sequoia Lodge - although in my opinion NPB is a small step up from Sequoia.

As for the comments on the state of NPB I say again this makes no sense. It's only a couple of years since it had a full refurb which I believe lasted a couple of years to complete?
I am staying there during the run weekend, one night regular room, three nights club level. And I am now really curious how it will be. The last time I stayed there was in 2012, I think. I wonder now what they did during the last refurb, the outside took a long time to complete, maybe they only focussed on the outside? But I agree... it doesn't make sense.

But it's also about how much you pay, if I would have paid $700 a night for NPB, I would feel ripped off. As it's nowhere near worth it. During the Run Weekend, which is high season, I pay 180 euro for the regular room and 365 euro per night for the club level Lakeside. This is including my Infinity discount (20-25%?) That completely changes how I would feel. Normally I stay in Cheyenne or Santa Fe (a 155 euro per night incl discount), but as I know I will make more use of the room, the lounge, the pool etc this weekend, I am willing to pay more. And I think it's good value and will be more positive than when I paid $700 per night.

I am staying there during the run weekend, one night regular room, three nights club level. And I am now really curious how it will be. The last time I stayed there was in 2012, I think. I wonder now what they did during the last refurb, the outside took a long time to complete, maybe they only focussed on the outside? But I agree... it doesn't make sense.

But it's also about how much you pay, if I would have paid $700 a night for NPB, I would feel ripped off. As it's nowhere near worth it. During the Run Weekend, which is high season, I pay 180 euro for the regular room and 365 euro per night for the club level Lakeside. This is including my Infinity discount (20-25%?) That completely changes how I would feel. Normally I stay in Cheyenne or Santa Fe (a 155 euro per night incl discount), but as I know I will make more use of the room, the lounge, the pool etc this weekend, I am willing to pay more. And I think it's good value and will be more positive than when I paid $700 per night.

Yes, for $700 a night it feels like a rip off! I would not be complaining, if we paid less. We did get park tickets for 2 days for 3 of us and Half Board. Taking that into account, it’s about $450-500 a night for just the room. This was supposed to be a bargain. The price dropped from when I first started looking and included Half Board. In Orlando we stay at the Beach Club for slightly less a night, but with a Villa, dining plan, park tickets, etc included. I just assumed we would have a similar standard (but a bit villa, but a room instead) for the price.

I’m curious where/how everyone else booked their Disney hotel from? We booked directly through the English version of the DLP site. Are Americans targeted to pay much higher prices? I certainly hope not as that would be shameful. I wonder if there is anyone at Disney I can take this up with?

Good luck on your Run Weekend! Sounds like a fun time at DLP!

Yes, for $700 a night it feels like a rip off! I would not be complaining, if we paid less. We did get park tickets for 2 days for 3 of us and Half Board. Taking that into account, it’s about $450-500 a night for just the room. This was supposed to be a bargain. The price dropped from when I first started looking and included Half Board. In Orlando we stay at the Beach Club for slightly less a night, but with a Villa, dining plan, park tickets, etc included. I just assumed we would have a similar standard (but a bit villa, but a room instead) for the price.

I’m curious where/how everyone else booked their Disney hotel from? We booked directly through the English version of the DLP site. Are Americans targeted to pay much higher prices? I certainly hope not as that would be shameful. I wonder if there is anyone at Disney I can take this up with?

I usually book through Disneyland Paris directly but will check the different country websites. Every country has different offers at different times. Currently I could book 4 nights at NPB for $2400 on the US site, €2400 on the French site or £1400 on the UK site. You or I could book on any website, but that’s the offer they present. I’m sure they have a strategy for the prices they advertise, potentially knowing that many US visitors will have a larger amount of money to spend as they are flying across the Atlantic. I don’t necessarily agree with this policy. Prices imo have increased a lot since Disney took over completely.

Also, how many nights did you stay? If longer than 4, maybe 5, this will bump up the price considerably - often it would be cheaper to get two separate bookings. If you only got a 2 day ticket that would mean you stayed only 1 night? You get park tickets included for each day including check in and check out. A 2 day ticket for 3 people would cost around $500-550 so your room would’ve cost $200 for a single night. Plus you would’ve gotten breakfast ($75 for 3 people) and dinner ($120 for 3 people) so it doesn’t sound too bad. For one night at a value at wdw, with a 2-day park hopper and qsdp for 3 people would cost around $1400 for one night.

$700 for room only is far too expensive and you shouldn’t pay that. It isn’t equivalent to a deluxe resort.

It usually is more in dollars due to the exchange rate. All prices when set are originally in Euros then converted. A future note if you go again is to look at all the countries sites, particularly european as they can be booked no matter where you live. European countries tend to have better deals most likely as they are the highest visitors.

This is why I refuse to stay on site at DLP. There's far too many bad reviews to risk paying what they charge. I get that after a long tiring day it must be nice to not have to get on the RER or a bus. However for what they charge I still don't think it's value for money. Not unless you're rich.

We have found a cheap and cheerful hotel in Torcy for our next trip this Halloween (8.6 reviews) for less than £150 for 3 nights for 2 adults and 1 child. With our annual passes it works out far far cheaper and we still get the Extra Magic Hours.

I booked our stay through the UK site and got a much better deal than what was available through the US site. I think the extra magic hour each morning was a huge perk of staying at a Disney hotel. We got so much done that first hour each morning with very empty parks!

I stayed in New Port Bay for 4 nights the past weekend and after this topic I paid careful attention to the condition. And I must say, I still do not agree. My room (7191 club level) looked brand new and spotless. I even ran my finger over the top of doors and top of mirrors to see if there was any dust. I didn't found any. For the stairs to the park, yes, I did saw dust etc. here, but I also saw people cleaning it several times a day. Only with so many guests going up and down these stairs it is impossible to keep this one clean at all times.

If I had to look for downsides, I didn't think the outlets were properly distributed over the room and the buttons within the elevator were a bit wonky.

The staff at check in, at the club level desk and in the lounge were extremely friendly and accommodating. I added an additional night a few weeks ago (original booking was made in November '18), but club level wasn't available. But at check in apparently there were some changes. We could stay in the same room for the entire stay, only for the first night we wouldn't have club level amenities, which was fine.
I was also happy with the food selection in the lounge for breakfast and at 4 o'clock, and found it a little bit better than at Sequoia Lodge Club Level. The pool and the whirlpool are bigger, which was really nice after the runs.

We won't go here every time, as it's too expensive, but for the next run weekend in September 2020 I will be happy to return to NPB.

I stayed in New Port Bay for 4 nights the past weekend and after this topic I paid careful attention to the condition. And I must say, I still do not agree. My room (7191 club level) looked brand new and spotless. I even ran my finger over the top of doors and top of mirrors to see if there was any dust. I didn't found any. For the stairs to the park, yes, I did saw dust etc. here, but I also saw people cleaning it several times a day. Only with so many guests going up and down these stairs it is impossible to keep this one clean at all times.

If I had to look for downsides, I didn't think the outlets were properly distributed over the room and the buttons within the elevator were a bit wonky.

The staff at check in, at the club level desk and in the lounge were extremely friendly and accommodating. I added an additional night a few weeks ago (original booking was made in November '18), but club level wasn't available. But at check in apparently there were some changes. We could stay in the same room for the entire stay, only for the first night we wouldn't have club level amenities, which was fine.
I was also happy with the food selection in the lounge for breakfast and at 4 o'clock, and found it a little bit better than at Sequoia Lodge Club Level. The pool and the whirlpool are bigger, which was really nice after the runs.

We won't go here every time, as it's too expensive, but for the next run weekend in September 2020 I will be happy to return to NPB.

Good to hear - maybe the club level rooms have gotten more attention lately? Our issues were with the fluctuating water temp in the shower, chipping paint all over the balcony railings, and some large smudges on the walls. The CM who checked us in was also not overly thrilled to be there it seemed. Otherwise, the room was the largest we stayed in during our two week trip to France, and we really enjoyed the extra magic hour each morning - the parks were so empty!! I'd stay on property again, but I think I would splurge on the DL Hotel next time. We walked around it and I was expecting it to be in poorer condition based on the comments I'd heard about it needing a refurb, but I thought it was actually in better condition from what I could see. Of course we just saw common areas and not any rooms.

If you’re planning on coming in the summer I’m serious about staying at the Disneyland hotel.
The proximity is worth the price.

Perhaps the New York hotel when it reopens might be ok, but in this heat the closer you are the better and that’s the Disneyland hotel.

The walk to the bus was hellish today with lots of crying kids.

The closer you can put yourself to the park the better off you’ll be.

We are going July 2020 and I was looking at the Newport because it reminds me of Beach Club. I'm very disappointed to hear your review. Would stay at Disneyland Hotel but it is way too expensive since we need two connecting rooms.

It’s not that much like the WDW Beach Club. I think that is why we were disappointed. Our favorite hotel in WDW is Beach Club. The rooms at the Newport Bay are not nearly as nice. Maybe we were comparing and expecting what we were used at WDW.

Also, it seems as if those with Club level/ Compass were happier and more satisfied, but that was a little too pricey for us.

We are going July 2020 and I was looking at the Newport because it reminds me of Beach Club. I'm very disappointed to hear your review. Would stay at Disneyland Hotel but it is way too expensive since we need two connecting rooms.
I am still convinced the OP would have been disappointed in every onsite hotel, the airco 'issue' would still exist and it is the same cleaning staff (at least trained the same way).

Because it looks like the Beach Club doesn't mean it is the same. Only the theming is similar and there it ends. Comparing it to the Beach Club will only end in disappointment.

People used to US Disney parks and definitely those used to Deluxe resorts need to adjust their expectations. Disneyland Paris has hotels, not resorts, there are less amenities and the differences between Value, Moderate and Deluxe are smaller.

Most people only go for 1 or 2 nights and spend most of their time in the park. There is less need for bigger hotel rooms, bigger pools, arcades, elaborate theming etc. Most people need a place to sleep, nothing more.

If you can open your mind to a different approach to Disney, you can have a good time at Disneyland Paris.

Last edited:
People used to US Disney parks and definitely those used to Deluxe resorts need to adjust their expectations. Disneyland Paris has hotels, not resorts, there are less amenities and the differences between Value, Moderate and Deluxe are smaller.

Still, I'm going to have to agree with others who said that this hotel didn't match up to others in the Paris area - all of which cost less during our two week trip. It didn't ruin our trip to DLP by any means, but it was expensive given the issues we noticed. However, we did really enjoy the extra magic hour, so that is worth something also.

Still, I'm going to have to agree with others who said that this hotel didn't match up to others in the Paris area - all of which cost less during our two week trip. It didn't ruin our trip to DLP by any means, but it was expensive given the issues we noticed. However, we did really enjoy the extra magic hour, so that is worth something also.
Edit, never mind

Last edited:
Given the research I have done, I think I will stay at the Sequoia, as it is lower priced yet still within walking distance. I appreciate all of the information and opinions given on this thread! I will manage my expectations accordingly.

But the same can be said for Orlando, most hotels are cheaper than Disney.

But the same can be said for Orlando, most hotels are cheaper than Disney.

True - I guess I just feel like in WDW the Disney resorts are much nicer and maintained very well. We thought the DL Hotel in Paris looked very nice though so I'd definitely stay there if we ever go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!