How does a DAS effect the need for Fastpasses?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
I am a bit confused. If I have a DAS, should I also be getting fast passes? Or does the DAS counteract the fast pass?

Yes, you should still use the 3 Fastpasses that each guest gets with their ticket.
DAS is meant to work with Fastpass and does work better when used together.
The person DAS was issued to MUST go on attractions, somsome people use Fastpass for attractions that person won’t be going on.
DAS works by giving a Return Time roughly equal to current wait time in the regular (Standby) line. You can only have one active Return Time and must use or cancel that Return Time before you can get another. For attractions that normally have long waits,the DAS would have an active Return Time for a long time, so some people use the Fastpassex for those ‘long wait’ attractions.

This thread tells more about DAS and how DAS is used with Fastpasses. Only the first post is kept up to date. The rest of the thread is rumors before and experiences right after DAS began: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/

Just got back from a trip using DAS and Fastpasses and they work beautifully together.

As even some days as we were only doing half a park day we could just use FP - then on full park days we used the DAS pass in conjunction with our FP; planning them around each other.

Definitely get fast passes. A DAS is never guaranteed so on the off chance you could not obtain one, you'd have your fast passes.

It is quite easy to use them in conjunction. Remember, DAS is not immediate access. It will give you a time to return based on the current wait time (less 10 minutes). Note: the posted time at the attraction does not always match the time in the DAS system. I don't know why but our last trip we had several that didn't really match. Not that we minded, we just got went with whatever they gave us (it was always longer than posted).

Remember - you will still be waiting, just not in the line. You can get a return time for one attraction while using your fast pass for another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!