how does club level at HRH compare to concierge at Disney?

crs7568

<font color=FF66FF>The Tag Fairy will find you whe
I was hoping someone could compare the two levels of service at Disney and Universal resorts. I really love the extra space of a deluxe room at HRH and it is not very easy to get a deluxe club level room there. I am trying to decide if it is worth it to give up the little extra room in a deluxe.

Thanks for any info.

Caryn

They are really quite different, but both enjoyable :).

There is no pre-planning assistance at HRH, though if you call them directly, I'm sure they would be helpful. Additionally, check-in is at the regular check-in counter, not in the lounge.

Also, there is a difference between the Polynesian and HRH in food offerings. The Polynesian, IMO, was more than enough to make a lite dinner. Whereas, HRH was more limited. It was enough for a snack or maybe for a lite dinner if you had a large late lunch.

Hope that helps :)

Teresa

Hi.. they do not compare at all.

I have stayed concierge at AKL twice and BC once...

Hard Rock Club was nothing like Disney Concierge... no preplanning itinerary service, no exclusive check in, the food offerings did not even come close..., no being greeted by name in the lounge, no "go the extra mile" service...

I loved the Hard Rock Hotel, the rooms and the pool were top notch but I was disappointed in the Club Level.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at HRH again but in regular rooms

>>^..^<<

Club level is club level..it doesn't claim to be concierge.
The concierge desk is available to all resort guests, like at a regular resort.

Disney claims concierge..you get that special service because you pay a extra big price tag for it. Yes, we love disney concierge...and have stayed many times.

You just can't compare the two.

Originally posted by webray
..you get that special service because you pay a extra big price tag for it

Not true in my case webray LOL

I payed $2400.00 for a week at BC Concierge (FTP)

and I payed $2700.00 for 6 nights at HRH Club :eek:

>>^..^<<

I agree with the above posters. I would stay at the HRH again, but just in a regular room - unless it was a really good deal. The breakfast for the kids was convienant - but, I wouldn't go anywhere near there during the evening snacks - yuck!!

Also, the deluxe for us, made no difference. We were two adults and two kids. Our last two nights we moved to a deluxe. The extra space was not really usuable for anything but luggage, there was some extra room between the beds and the tv but what can you use that space for?? There was a couch which we thought we would use, but we never even bothered to pull it out - we were no more cofortable in that room than the first room. And, also, the deluxe was much more worn, stained, ect. If you really need extra space, I would go with a suite.

Cass,

Did you have a suite at HRH club?

We had a Kid's suite and I don't think we paid $2700 even during Christmas so I was just wondering what type of room you had. Maybe I got a deal and didn't know it!!

Nan

Hi Nan.... it was a regular Club Level Room

I booked through the universalvacations.com website...

It was 6 nights, club level, park passes, (including sea world & wet n' wild) One meal at Hard Rock Cafe, 2 movie passes and then I added 3 adult and 3 child dining experiences... the total with tax & insurance was 2758.00.

Without club level it was 1800.00 for a poolview, passes, & dining experiences...

So basically it was 900.00 more for toast and oreos :p

>>^..^<<

I have found the Disney Concierge really goes the extra mile to make you feel special. Nice offerings at breakfast, afternoon and evening & twilight refreshers, beautiful clean lounge, snacks out all the time. The Club level at HRH is very different. They put out boxed cookies oreos and chips ahoy, crudites, mini hot dogs and I think I saw mac n cheese or something in a heavy sauce, cheese and crackers..that kind of stuff. It's not what I would eat in the hot weather and going on rides! Breakfast was donuts and I think cereal. there are signs posted outside the rom as to what time the food will be put out and I saw a line form 15 min before then. They do put out bottles of beer and I saw some people take a six pack! I don't really care, but a little selfish. I did see more people in their pajamas at HRH than GF. One lady showed up with cream on her face, curlers in her hair and her robe.....I thought she was an actress from the Studios adding some "color" to the morning, but I was wrong! I also saw the Club Room a mess a few times. People do not clean up after themselves and I think that the employees clean the room 2x a day, it's not like Disney wher someone is always cleaning. Just my opinion...save your money at Universal, the Club Level just isn't worth it. I know you may think having breakfast at Club Level may be convenient but you can get a much nicer breakfast in the parks.

Cass,

Thanks for the answer. Just for my future reference for future trip planning....did you have the same package-like situation for your 6 nights at Disney concierge stay-other things included in your cost quote besides just room cost? Can you estimate what just the club/concierge room cost at each place?

Thanks for the help,

Nan

Wow Cass you got a really good deal at BC concierge. When we stayed there we paid $399/night for a normal water view room (not concierge, no tickets). You paid $2400 for 7 nights including concierge and tickets? That was a bargoon!

Yup Damo and Nan... the FTP was a real bargooon... 2400.00 for 7 nights lagoon view concierge and park tickets :) and the nice print.

Of course I booked before the FTP came out so I had bought 2 - 7 day park hopper +'s for over 300.00each... so I still have them - I guess I have to go again :p

The year before I paid rack rate at AKL concierge for 9 nights so I didn't feel too guilty getting such a deal this year.

>>^..^<<

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter