How does das work with smugglers run?

married2mm

DIS Veteran
We were informed by a cm today we had to wait in line until we reached the front & then receive a return time- I thought that sounded rather odd; but maybe as we moved closer there would be more information.
However ; it was simply too chaotic and had to exit ASAP.
left to go to a calm toy story land.
It was rather amusing as the cm stated once we left swge we could not re enter (am emh)
I informed her we had no intention of going back into the madness.

Any details of previous experiences most appreciated.

We were there this afternoon and got a return time for Smugglers Run. We were directed at the entrance to head up the ramp behind us (I believe it was stroller parking) and to get a return time from the CM stationed up there.

We were there this afternoon and got a return time for Smugglers Run. We were directed at the entrance to head up the ramp behind us (I believe it was stroller parking) and to get a return time from the CM stationed up there.

thanks very much for your reply.

Hopefully we can try again this afternoon and have a similar experience.

I was there opening day and got a few returns times the CM are up the ramp to the left of the entrance. I also had good luck getting return times at the guest experience teams. If you had gone right at rope drop and there was a huge crowd going I can see the CM telling you that you must go further up ( to the entrance) to get your return time. When you go back I would go do another ride first and let the main group get there first ( if it look like the same thing will happen again) and then go get your return time or ask at the guest experience booths.

We were informed by a cm today we had to wait in line until we reached the front & then receive a return time- I thought that sounded rather odd; but maybe as we moved closer there would be more information.
However ; it was simply too chaotic and had to exit ASAP.

Was this a line waiting for return times?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!