How does declaration of rooms work?

DVC_HK

Mouseketeer
So been diving deep into research about Riviera now and I keep seeing people say they have declared so many rooms and sales have them declare more. Our sales rep said it's 100% DVC so shouldn't all the rooms be available from the get go? It's our first time seeing a new DVC resort open so sorry for our confusion!

Our sales rep said it's 100% DVC so shouldn't all the rooms be available from the get go?

Not on points. Units declared are the points being sold. The units not declared are developer inventory and let for cash bookings as a profit window for the developer, and to cover member dues against those points.

They declare as they need more points to sell. In the meantime, they take cash bookings on those units to cover costs and profit.

From the recent declaration article at DVCNews.com:
In terms of points, the new declaration contains 616,705 points The DVC inventory now contains 1,930,042 Riviera points, or about 28.6% of its 6,743,910 points. This means that on any given Use Day DVC members can book about 28.6% of the resort using DVC points. The undeclared inventory remains under the control of Disney Vacation Development, which can use it for cash reservations or any reason it chooses.
https://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/r...al-riviera-declarations-filed-in-october-2019

Thank ya'll! So basically if we want more rooms available to use on points we need more people to purchase points. We bought in and I don't think it will be that hard at 11 months to book the rooms we want but I can see the low inventory causing some issues for those trying to book at 7 months

Thank ya'll! So basically if we want more rooms available to use on points we need more people to purchase points. We bought in and I don't think it will be that hard at 11 months to book the rooms we want but I can see the low inventory causing some issues for those trying to book at 7 months

The rooms being declared are based on points sold so availability won't really get any better as they declare more rooms. 7 months will still be tough as people trade in from other resorts.

The rooms being declared are based on points sold so availability won't really get any better as they declare more rooms. 7 months will still be tough as people trade in from other resorts.
So basically in order for more to be declared we have more owners so more people fighting for the already limited spots available

So basically in order for more to be declared we have more owners so more people fighting for the already limited spots available
Yup. Declaration happens in order to provide more points to sell....more points to sell means there are more owners. It all evens out in the end. There may be times where availability suddenly opens up as rooms are declared but you need to be ready to book as they will likely go quickly.

Yup. Declaration happens in order to provide more points to sell....more points to sell means there are more owners. It all evens out in the end. There may be times where availability suddenly opens up as rooms are declared but you need to be ready to book as they will likely go quickly.

If people have waitlists in place, sometimes a declaration will help with this too as the new rooms would be used to fill those.

We booked our first stay for a one night in the tower just the other day before we head out on a cruise. I was up and ready for that 8 AM race for a tower lol

Anyone have an idea when the next declaration will be? And is there a place we can follow to find out as soon as it happens. I have a 2 day waitlist for June there that I want to also check RAT when new inventory is released.

Anyone have an idea when the next declaration will be? And is there a place we can follow to find out as soon as it happens. I have a 2 day waitlist for June there that I want to also check RAT when new inventory is released.
The last declaration they didn’t back fill rooms if that makes sense (i.e. Inventory was only added past the 11 month window). Though the easiest place to check is the Orange County Comptrollers website.

The last declaration they didn’t back fill rooms if that makes sense (i.e. Inventory was only added past the 11 month window). Though the easiest place to check is the Orange County Comptrollers website.
Do they typically NOT back fill?

Do they typically NOT back fill?
They did backfill for CCV when they declared rooms so I wasn’t sure why Riviera they did not. It is likely cause they don’t need to as they hold the rooms and the points are sold. So they could be holding the rooms for cash rentals and then if the points sell they release their reservation so to speak and the room becomes available.

In the case of CCV it took a couple days after recording the declaration until the availability showed up. I suspect they backfilled here cause the resort was selling very fast and was near sold out when I began tracking (last 3 declarations).

I don't think they backfilled with Poly either, FWIW, or at least it was mildly random if they did or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter