How does it work if a friend gives me her points?

TexanInTheMidwest

DIS Veteran
Recently I mentioned to a girlfriend that I was thinking about a solo trip to WDW in September when my husband goes out of the country for a business trip. He is retired military and I still have a day left on my ticket... And we are taking a full family (4 generations) trip in January..and I wanted to look at the parks with an eye towards the variety of ages we will have with us (1 year old to 90 year old)/

This morning she emailed me and said she had 100 DVC points that would expire on Oct. 1st and she would not be using them. And then offered to give them to me.

How does that work? Does she make the reservations? Turn them over to me? Connect them to my Disney profile so that I can manage it all?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

She would make the reservation and list you as the room occupant. Once the reservation had been made, she should provide you with the confirmation number which you could then link to MDE.

Any changes to the actual room reservation (names, dates, dining plan, etc.) would still need to be made by your friend. You however, would be able to make your own dining reservations and FP+ reservations.

Recently I mentioned to a girlfriend that I was thinking about a solo trip to WDW in September when my husband goes out of the country for a business trip. He is retired military and I still have a day left on my ticket... And we are taking a full family (4 generations) trip in January..and I wanted to look at the parks with an eye towards the variety of ages we will have with us (1 year old to 90 year old)/

This morning she emailed me and said she had 100 DVC points that would expire on Oct. 1st and she would not be using them. And then offered to give them to me.

How does that work? Does she make the reservations? Turn them over to me? Connect them to my Disney profile so that I can manage it all?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Also, September is pretty last-minute as far as DVC goes. Studio availability is extremely limited. You may find that you cannot get more than two consecutive nights in the same resort, and those would probably be weeknights at SSR. You will need to be flexible with your dates and resort choices. Good luck!

Also, September is pretty last-minute as far as DVC goes. Studio availability is extremely limited. You may find that you cannot get more than two consecutive nights in the same resort, and those would probably be weeknights at SSR. You will need to be flexible with your dates and resort choices. Good luck!

Thank you! She already mentioned SSR.

I've only stayed at Monorail resorts in the past... so what about parking? Since I'm not the actual DVC member, do I need to pay for parking?

Your trip will need to end by October 1 to use those points (it sounds like she has an October Use Year).

Thanks again everyone! She was able to get me in at Bay Lake Tower - checking in on Labor Day and out on that Friday!

Will I be able to get into the Top of the World lounge there since I'm a guest and not the member?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!