• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does kids naps affect watching day time parades?

katytrott

DIS Veteran
We will be leaving the parks to put our son of 23 months down for a nap lunch time ish, and are planning to get back to the parks about 3.30 ish. I would love to see the daytime paraddes though and don't know if we will manage this. I guess the MK parade is out of the question, but we are hoping we will make it to see the AK and MGM parade.
I was wondering how others in this situation deal with this. The parade in AK and MGM start at 4pm so will a return time of 3.30 be early enough? (We are visiting first week of Oct so hopefully no August crowds). Where is a good place to find to watch the parades if entering at that time?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

You should be okay. You might not have front row seats to see the parade, but you'll definitely catch it. We usually don't do parades, so I don't know of any good spots that usually aren't busy, but others would know. Have fun!!

DS will be 18 mos this next month when we go. We have been twice b4 and have really skipped the afternoon parades. Not worth it for us at this age. I don't think he will miss anything either at 18 mos. Honestly, kids that age won't have a clue they are missing a parade unless you tell them.

We just can't make the parades. We tend to go for a nap after lunch and it seems to extend pretty much to dinner when you really include nap and a decent swim in the pool. Works okay for us though.

Honestly, we do not go back to the room for naps because it is such a hassle with 4 children. We tried it a few of the days that we went when we only had 3 (and I was Pregnant) but it was a pain in the booootay. So now only the little one naps in the stroller. They sleep like logs at night though!! The children actuallt prefer this method because they hate waiting for trams....
Nicole Mom Of 4
DS 7
DD5
DD4
DS2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter