How does resort handle grocery deliveries? And which delivery service?

DisDad4Life

Mouseketeer
We'll be arriving at AKL - Kidani in a few weeks and are considering having some groceries delivered for the first time (after many visits). If our order includes perishables/refrigeration items, how does the resort handle that? Will we need to be there to accept the order when it arrives or does the resort have an area to keep the items fresh while they hold it?

Also, which delivery service would you recommend? My DD was thinking Amazon but I've seen other posts about people ordering from Garden Grocer (maybe not the right name?).

TIA!

We'll be arriving at AKL - Kidani in a few weeks and are considering having some groceries delivered for the first time (after many visits). If our order includes perishables/refrigeration items, how does the resort handle that?

They will store perishables in their very large, walk in, refrigerator.

Will we need to be there to accept the order when it arrives or does the resort have an area to keep the items fresh while they hold it?

You do not need to be there. Bell Services will receive and store your order.

Also, which delivery service would you recommend? My DD was thinking Amazon but I've seen other posts about people ordering from Garden Grocer (maybe not the right name?).

TIA!

This might help.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/grocery-delivery-faq.3693570/

Thank you @dansdad for the great info! Also, a very timely link that you provided (which I didn't notice prior to my posting). I'll be interested to see what other people's experiences have been.

We’ve done Instacart our last two trips and had good luck. Both times we scheduled the delivery for when we were back at the resort the first night around dinner time, and I met the delivery person (can’t remember if that was a requirement with Instacart or not, but I do know I had to show ID because I ordered some beer). We placed the order only and hour or two before the delivery time - the times available were not that far off. I was texted when the person began their shopping, and I was also texted during the shopping about something that was not available/different and asked about a substitution. Then they texted/called when they arrived and I met them out by valet. The first time she carried some of the stuff in with me to where we were sitting eating dinner at quick service. The second time they had put everything on a luggage cart, so I just wheeled that in (we were at a table service dinner right in the lobby area) and bell services let me leave the cart over with them.

We ordered our food from Publix - you have a few different choices with Instacart. Whole Foods would normally have been our choice, but they don’t have beer. (Not to sound like a lush - we had balconies both times and our kids are little, so a big part of going Deluxe - Polynesian first, Wilderness second - was having the balcony to sit out on and decompress while the kids were sleeping. Considering a six pack was about the same price as a single beer at the hotel, that saved some money.)

Also, if you want to look, TouringPlans Blog did some side-by-side comparisons last summer of some of the grocery delivery services, largely comparing prices. It was interesting (can’t remember when it was exactly, but I know it was in the lead-up to our August trip last year).

we always use garden grocer. they deliever to bell setvices and u dont have to be present for actual alchoal delievery - just show id when u make the request to be deluevered to ur room. bell services will even unpack your groceries and put the cold items away after they taken them to your room

Does Instacart have a website ?
Do they cost more than Garden Grocer ?

Depending on which service you use, you may need to be there to sign if you are getting beer, wine etc with your order. This is true for Publix.

We used to use Safeway, but they're no longer delivering(store closing). If I order from Publix, will they deliver to our villa or do they only drop off at Bell Services?

Garden Grocer has always been awesome. They pick products with long expiry dates and pack things well. I arrived just after Irma last year and understandably they didn't deliver the water I ordered. They always tell you to contact them if the order isn't right. I emailed and told them I understood because of the hurricane supply shortage and they offered to deliver a different brand of water or refund. Long story short I got water first thing the next day. They're terrific.

We always use Garden Grocer and have always been happy.

Also, they offer a discount if you place your order early!

We have used GardenGrocer many times. Great customer service. Very communicative before delivery and after, if needed. They also deliver alcohol. We sent a copy of our ID on our first delivery order YEARS ago and they keep it on file so that we do not have to submit each time.

GG. Costs 14 bucks to deliver but we save $$$$ for ever beer we drink and glass of wine. More than worth it for drinkers.

Wow, great feedback everyone! Thank you! This is sounding like less of a hassle than I feared it might be.

We'll be arriving at AKL - Kidani in a few weeks and are considering having some groceries delivered for the first time (after many visits). If our order includes perishables/refrigeration items, how does the resort handle that? Will we need to be there to accept the order when it arrives or does the resort have an area to keep the items fresh while they hold it?

TIA!

When we stayed at Kidani last we used garden grocer. Our room was not ready till after 4pm. We had frozen popciles and ice cream. My husband has to have his ice cream every night. Everything was fine when it finally got to our room.

We’ve had great experiences with Garden Grocer, too. Very easy, no issues with them or having Bell Services store food.

After many trips I decided to order breakfast food and snacks. I used prime now. I waited until our room was assigned since we weren’t going to parks to submit my order. I chose the next two hour delivery window. Using the app I was able to follow the process and delivery. They delivered to bell service and did put the milk and creamer bag into the fridge. They used an insulated bag too. We went down to get the delivery shortly after (Pop bell service didn’t answer phone when I tried calling). I gave a tip on the app to the delivery person. Pop never charged me the $5 for accepting the delivery like I thought they would. Will use again. Prices were not bad really. For free delivery you need to order $50 but I think the delivery charge was only $5 ish. We ended up at $49 so we added an extra can of pringles for $1 and we were good.

DIZZY DOLPHIN! Look them up on Facebook. I use them every time. They will bring you anything you want, Panera Bagels, Donut King Gourmet Donuts, Total Wine!
Prices are great and service is OUTSTANDING

How does it work if I order wine from Prime Now? Do I have to be there for delivery or can bell services take it? If bell services takes it, how can I receive it? Can I have it brought to our room with the rest of the groceries we are ordering? Or do I have to go to the desk and pick it up myself?

We used to use Safeway, but they're no longer delivering(store closing). If I order from Publix, will they deliver to our villa or do they only drop off at Bell Services?

Say it isn't so! After using Garden Grocer for many years, I started using Safeway (used them for several trips). I also use them at home (just had a delivery last evening actually)!

I preferred Safeway, as their prices were WAY better, and their selection was better as well. So sad that option is going away.

How does it work if I order wine from Prime Now? Do I have to be there for delivery or can bell services take it? If bell services takes it, how can I receive it? Can I have it brought to our room with the rest of the groceries we are ordering? Or do I have to go to the desk and pick it up myself?

I am unaware that Prime Now delivers any alcohol. For Safeway, I had to be present so they could take down my drivers license info.

Amazon prime now will deliver beer and wine and leave it with bell services.

Wow that's new! Good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter