How does rope drop at Epcot International Gateway work?

Halley Fitz

Earning My Ears
Hello,

We are staying at the Boardwalk, and wanted to walk to Epoct. I’d like to get breakfast in Paris, but I also wanted to go straight to Norway for Frozen.

Is that posssible?

Has anyone ever done a rope drop there?

Thanks in advance

We RD’d FEA from the IG coming from Yacht Club in early Oct. They let people in and held them at the top of the hill just before entering World Showcase until 8:54AM, then “dropped the rope.” We went straight to FEA. Ride time stamp was 9:16AM.

There were maybe 100 or so people at the IG waiting. It was super easy and made for an enjoyable morning.

If you want to get breakfast in France, I’d do Frozen first then back track to France. A bit out of the way, but I wouldn’t stop at France first if you’re going for low FEA waits.

Totally possible. Coming from the IG gives you a slight advantage if your goal is FEA. I agree with GADisneyDad14 that you want to do FEA first to beat the crowds and then go back to eat breakfast at your leisure. The lines at FEA will build quickly, and RD is a time when a few minutes one way or another at the start can make a really big difference in your wait time. To me, it's worth the slight backtracking to France to save the long wait you'll encounter if you arrive at FEA even 10-15 minutes after opening.

We did RD through the IG last week, but we were trying to get to Test Track, and were at a serious disadvantage compared with those coming in through the front of the park. It was an EMH morning, so fewer people than usual, but it was still a 30 minute wait by the time we got there (and we were walking quickly/jogging and towards the front of the IG pack).

Totally possible. Coming from the IG gives you a slight advantage if your goal is FEA. I agree with GADisneyDad14 that you want to do FEA first to beat the crowds and then go back to eat breakfast at your leisure. The lines at FEA will build quickly, and RD is a time when a few minutes one way or another at the start can make a really big difference in your wait time. To me, it's worth the slight backtracking to France to save the long wait you'll encounter if you arrive at FEA even 10-15 minutes after opening.

We did RD through the IG last week, but we were trying to get to Test Track, and were at a serious disadvantage compared with those coming in through the front of the park. It was an EMH morning, so fewer people than usual, but it was still a 30 minute wait by the time we got there (and we were walking quickly/jogging and towards the front of the IG pack).
Thank you so much!!

The international gateway doesn't always have the advantage for rope drop. They front radio's to the gateway when to drop the rope. Sometimes this is delayed a few minutes.

In the past, between 9:00 am and 11:00 am (ish), World Showcase is blocked between France and Norway. So after entering the park at IG, if headed to FEA, go left. Then you will need to retrace your steps, going to the right as you exit FEA, to get to France for Breakfast.

RD at the IG really depends on the person at the gate. Sometimes we've been able to walk into England early, sometimes we've been late.
At RD, you could go to France for breakfast, but you will still need to walk through England, Canada and up through Mexico to get to FEA. If you do breakfast at France, by the time you get to FEA, the standby line will be very long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter