How does SW ohio compare to SW orlando

Prestons

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip to WDW in Nov Trying to decide if SW is something we want to consider. We have been to SW in ohio several times. How do the two parks compare.

I have never been to SW Ohio...but wanted ask if you knew about this...since six flags has bought SWOhio I heard that they are eliminating most all of the sea life and going the amusement ride route.Rumor has it that the whales have already been moved:( we almost didn't include SW on this trip because we thought we could go to Ohio later in the summer and enjoy SW there..but kids LOVE SW and noe it is our #1 stop!I have neighbors who have been to both and they feel Orlando is better by far....and has more exhibits to see...plus overall "feel" of being tropical etc.Hope this helped a little....try WWW.SEAWORLD.COM and maybe you can compare the two.

SW Ohio has been a lovely park; immaculately landscaped and maintained.
while not as huge as SW Orlando, it has been a beautiful "niche" park and part of our summer, every summer.

That has changed. it was bought up by six flags, which bought neighboring geaga lake.
we went to gl last summer. it was the dirtiest, most poorly staffed dangerous park i've ever been in.
my daughter was hurt twice, due to inattentive staff, and got a terrible infection in the six flags hotel pool,
which was the filthiest hotel i've ever been in.

we are heartbroken at the loss of sw ohio, and expect it will go quickly downhill.
yes, shamu, wisely, left on the first boat.

SW Ohio is no longer...

It was beautiful when we lived in Ohio. We moved away in 1997.

Oh...I was hoping it was a rumour...but six flaggs great america (gurnee, il.) is getting worse and worse too so I guess I am not really surprised, just disappointed we didn't get there before it was sold. I will definitely enjoy our time at SW Orlando this trip even more now!Thanks for the info.

Thank you for the info. Of course SW will be included in our trip. I checked out Six Flags web site and all the info was there. They will have a dolphin show in Shamu stadium and several other marine shows. They bought Geauga lake a few years ago and are combining the 2 parks into 1 mega park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!