How does this sound?

helloitsjoey

Earning My Ears
We're travelling from the UK in September 2015 (we're planning well ahead!) and we have a rough plan set, which I will put forward on here, in the hope you can all give me some feedback, tips etc.

We plan to fly from London to La and stay, I think, 14 days at the disneyland hotel. We are aware this may be pricey to some, but this is a once in a life time trip for us so we are planning on splurging a bit to make it extra special.

We get the 5 day tickets with our stay and plan to do different tours on non park days. I hear the grayline tours are great, so possible trips to la/universal and one San Diego trip per week to break up the Disney days.

Does all that sound do able?

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Have you thought about going to San Diego for a few days in the middle of the trip? Based on our trips to San Diego then going up to Huntington Beach (which is west of DL) you are looking at at least a 90 minute trip each way, more if it is part of a bus tour.
There is the Zoo which is great , Sea World, Old Town and plus the Pacific Ocean . We did a harbor cruise and 2 day ticket trolley tour which took you to Old Town, a stop in Balboa Park near the zoo and over to Coronado Beach during a 3 day stay( no Sea World as we had been in Orlando).That also included pool time at the hotel and a baseball game .
I think it would be easier just to do San Diego in a small block rather then a couple of day tours. There are trains between the 2 if you don't want to do a rental car.
I have used Grayline on several trips in other locations and they are a good company. But they were trips done by late afternoon and we didn't go back to the same area on another tour on the same trip

We did a trip like this last year but crammed everything into 7 days. I would suggest a hotel for a few days in San Diego and doing the Zoo and Sea World. I don't know if renting a car from Disney to San Diego is an option but be for warned, the traffic is horrible! We left Universal Studios at 2pm and got to San Diego 4 1/2 hours later. Normally would take 1 1/2 hours. If you do rent a car travel on Sunday was much better than during the week. We had bought a Southern California pass that included Disney tickets, Universal Studio tickets and Sea World tickets with the option of San Diego Zoo. It saved some good money on the tickets.

I would agree with those suggesting to stay a few nights in San Diego. With Legoland, the Zoo, Sea World, Coronado Island and all the great beaches there is enough to keep you busy and the drive from Anaheim to SD and back will kill a lot of your day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter