• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does this sound?

leighe

<font color=teal>Are we there yet?<br><font color=
We are trying to eat rather economically - I think MIL and FIL might have a heart attack at some menu prices at WDW (esp my favs - Narcoose's, Yachtsman, Ohana, and Fulton's Crab House). How does this list sound? I tried to include one "nice" meal a day - DH and I will probably sneak off for a few meals on our own, I hope!;) Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Hoop Dee Do Review
Alfredo's
Boma
Liberty Tree Tavern character dinner
Tusker House
Sci Fi Cafe
Le Cellier

I'd trade Alfredo's for Mama Melroses, MUCH better food for about 30% less!

I like the food at 50's Prime Time a LOT more than SciFi, so I'd think about trading that one as well--the prices are about the same.

You didn't mention the Kona Cafe, fantastic food at very reasonable prices.

Have a great trip!

Anne

Thanks! I'd forgotten about Kona. DH HATED 50's Prime Time Cafe last time - I have no idea why. I liked it. It would probably be a great place to send MIL and FIL - they were kids in the 50's. Maybe they can go there and we can go to Mama Melrose's. I've always wanted to try that also. Is Mama Melrose's part of the Fantasmic Dinner Package?

As far as I know Mama Melroses is part of the Fantasmic package.

Anne

Added Mama Melrose's Fantasmic dinner package and Ohana. Why or why do I bother to work out and diet before these trips when I end up eating the whole time anyway!:p Thanks for all the advice!

Have you thought about purchasing some of the meal vouchers for either breakfast or counter service restaurants? Breakfast ones cost $18.50 each and cover a buffet/character meal, tax and tip. Counter service ones cost $11.50 each and cover entree, side, beverage and dessert.

I just purchased some for my next trip and am planning on saving lots of money.

There is a thread available here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=435889&goto=newpost

talking about the various vouchers and where you can purchase them.

Some of these might make the heart attacks less severe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter