How early can you rent ECV at parks?

DCWarrior

Mouseketeer
We will be traveling with two grandmas in our family that will need to rent an ECV at the parks for our days there. We have a strategy of a couple days of getting to parks and going directly to the top tier rides we could not get fastpasses for. Example, we got fastpasses for Test Track but want to head straight to Soarin’ to get on standby line at rope drop.

My main concern and wonder is how will renting the ECV’s affect our time to get into the park and get to the ride? How early can you rent them in comparison to park opening times?

Thanks for any info and tips.

ECV rentals are inside the park gates, but all 4 parks now allow guests inside (to a point) before park opening. So you will be able to do the rental as soon as you enter. How long it takes will depend on how many others are doing the same thing at the time you are there.

Enjoy your vacation!

To expand on what @lanejudy mentioned a little bit, the ECV rentals are just inside the tap styles. You can rent ECVs as soon as you get into the park proper, but not before. At Magic Kingdom for example, the rental location is just in front and to the right of Main Street Station as you head in. Renting ECVs will eat up a bit of your time, and may not put you where you want to be if your plan is a power walk to a headliner attraction at rope drop.

If you have a more commando touring style, you might want to look at renting ECVs off-site for the length of your stay. That way you get into the park and just go like you would typically.

Get there early, because you will have to stand in line and may not end up with one. Also, you can not take it to the next park. It's only for the park you got it from so if you are going to a different park later in the day you will have to stand in line again and pay the same fee as the first time if there are any available.

Get there early, because you will have to stand in line and may not end up with one. Also, you can not take it to the next park. It's only for the park you got it from so if you are going to a different park later in the day you will have to stand in line again and pay the same fee as the first time if there are any available.

Have they changed that?

It used to be you could "hop" your rental from Park to Park during the same day, provided you had the receipt. You did still have to wait in line, and if they were out of ECVs, you had to wait for one to be returned.

Have they changed that?

It used to be you could "hop" your rental from Park to Park during the same day, provided you had the receipt. You did still have to wait in line, and if they were out of ECVs, you had to wait for one to be returned.
it has been awhile since I have park rented but at that time with receipt same day at second park without repaying you could get one if they weren't out which happened twice in 5 days and was not a busy time

I was in LA Disneyland last summer and we had to turn in where we picked it up at and then wait for one at the next park. It's been a couple of years since I've been to WDW, but that is how it was the last time we stayed there.

I was in LA Disneyland last summer and we had to turn in where we picked it up at and then wait for one at the next park. It's been a couple of years since I've been to WDW, but that is how it was the last time we stayed there.

Yes, that is still true. But your previous post said that you had to pay again - that is what people are questioning because that wasn't our experience.

incorrect. you pay once per day( or get a length of stay rental at a teeny tiny discount) and show your recipe at the second+ park

of course availability in the middle of the day is usually sparse. any retired by then will need to fully recharge before they can be rented out again.

OP, you'd be far better off renting from offsite. one its usually significantly cheaper and two, Grannies will have them at all times and the walk from the buses/parking lot can be brutal.

Just be aware that the Disney ECVs are hunking great beasts and difficult to maneouvre. I've often seen the son/grandson parking or removing from parking so that grandma can get back on once it's back facing the right direction.

You may want to consider renting off site just to get them lighter and more manageable scooters ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!