How easy is it really to get same day FP?

I’m curious if anyone knows when parks stay open really late do they offer FP throughout the night? Example: July 4th park hours are usually midnight or later, will FP still be even a possibility at say 10:00 p.m?
Yes, we've had many late night FP. Also, as crowds drop off, standby waits go down.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that when it comes to FP, there's a tipping point of sorts.

If you are near PotC, and the standby wait is only 10min, then a FP for a (lesser) attraction on the far side of MK might be worth your while.

Unless you've already been through PotC twice, or someone is too tired to walk that far, or...

It also depends on your objectives. More rides, higher tier attractions, or maximum number of FP. Max FP isn't the same as riding the most rides with the time/energy you have to give.

We make our selections when we decide what area of the park to go to next. We also do not accept long waits between FP's unless planning around eating, shows, traveling, etc. We are making them for 3 people so that helps but I've also practiced for 7. It takes more work and often

We are trying to plan out our park days so that we can make ADRs toward the end of this month, and I'm wondering how to go about this. We are traveling 11/25 - 12/2. Our party is me, DH, DS10, DS(almost)2, DS(almost)2. We definitely want to do all of the Toy Story Land attractions, and with twin toddlers, standby won't likely be an option for those rides if the waits are outrageous, as I'm sure they will be, so I'm thinking we will need at least two days at HS, but not full days.

So for example if we are able to secure a morning FP for, say, Slinky Dog, I would guess it will be unlikely to then get a same day for TSMM or Aliens at that time. What would be the chances of hopping to Epcot and getting FEA? Can most rides at MK can be obtained same day? And most things at AK besides FOP? In reality we probably wouldn't be so much "hopping" as we will be taking an afternoon break then going to a different park in the evening, so even if the FP is much later, that would be okay.
if you are satying on property you have a chance to get most of the popular rides. if not toy story land forget 7mn ride forget space ranger ride maybe, poo bear maybe iasmworld maybe haunted mansion as well. pirates jungle ride maybe. frozen no, bear band no wait, mickeys har magic no wait. tot maybe rrc maybe.

During our trip in August, we were able to score 2 same day FP for Flights of Wonder, then 2 for Navi River Journey, then two more for Navi, and another 2 for Navi with overlapping times so four of us got to ride together, all in one afternoon.

Lion King, if you get there a bit early, FP isn't necessary. I've not tried for dinosaur same day, so I can't comment there.

Are the same day FPs possibly easier to get with just 2 in the party? It'll only be my son and I in June and we will be staying on resort so EE is an option for us.

Are the same day FPs possibly easier to get with just 2 in the party? It'll only be my son and I in June and we will be staying on resort so EE is an option for us.
In my experience, yes. The bigger the party, the harder it is because you're looking for that many more FP+ tickets. Another trick you can do is book FP+ individually for each party member, but have the time frames overlap so that you're able to ride as the same time as the other person in your party even though they have different start times. In general though, I've had good success getting FP+ for my party of 2.

In my experience, yes. The bigger the party, the harder it is because you're looking for that many more FP+ tickets. Another trick you can do is book FP+ individually for each party member, but have the time frames overlap so that you're able to ride as the same time as the other person in your party even though they have different start times. In general though, I've had good success getting FP+ for my party of 2.

Thank you so much! That's reassuring to hear!

At the end of August we were able to use refresh successfully in both MK and AK, even on popular rides like Everest and 7DMT, but some have reported having difficulty using this strategy. We ended up skipping DHS and Epcot on this trip.

We also rode some popular rides close to closing time, as we wanted a second and third ride. The lines were short. We were at park close on non-EMH evenings. I imagine it is hit or miss on some dates, but we have always had great luck. We used to go in January, and just went last month.

I was able to snag 2 Frozen FPs, on the bus TO Epcot lol
It really just depends, just keep trying basically

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts