how easy to change name on reservation? (not main name, just a guest)

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
We have booked our March trip for me, DH, daughter, son-in-law, and grandson (not 3 yet). I have also booked 4 meals. FP booking is in January. We are going with military tickets from Daughter and son-in-law (Marine).
Still not sure he can go--they are moving to another duty station next month and the start of his training is still up in the air. The military is not concerned with my vacation plans, LOL. Even if he can't go, as a dependent my daughter can get the military tickets.
Here is my question--she has told me that if he can't go, my younger daughter has volunteered to go in his place.
How hard is it to change a name on the reservation, FPs, ADRs, etc.? Is there a deadline for the magic bands?
Thanks for any info. I have never had to deal with this type of uncertainty with a trip before.

Changing the room reservation is easy now because you can to a modification section on line at the DVC site and make the change (or just call and make the change).

For ADR's, it is really not an issue as long as the total number of guests will still be the same, i.e., you do not have to bother to change anything if the reservation currently has you or your DH as the lead name. I believe you can go online at MDE and redo the named guests but unless you find it easy to do, I would not bother because you do not want to risk losing the ADR's. In any event, you should at least add your younger daughter to the Family list in MDE if not already there.

FP+ is different. Park tickets are personal to the person designated for the ticket, and unless your younger daughter can separately qualify for a military dicounted ticket, she is going to need her own ticket, and you will not be able to make FP+ for her until she has her own ticket in the MDE account. (Even if she could qualify for the military discount and you could thus transfer your son-in-law's ticket to her before it is used, you still will not be able to transfer any FP+ reservations made for him at 60 days out.) At 60 days out, you will be able to make FP+ only for guests listed in the room as occupants who have their own park tickets assigned to them. Thus, if you add your younger daughter to the reservation and purchase her ticket after 60 days out, you will not be able to get FP+ for her until that happens.

As to personalized magic bands, you can add guests to the room who will get them at any time but need to do so before about 30 days before date of arrival to be able to have the bands sent by mail; otherwise you may need to pick up the new band for her when you arrive. You might consider adding your younger daughter to the room reservation now if you have a room that allows five plus a child under three, even if she does not end up going.

Last edited:
At 60 days out, you will be able to make FP+ only for guests listed in the room as occupants who have their own park tickets assigned to them. Thus, if you add your younger daughter to the reservation and purchase her ticket after 60 days out, you will not be able to get FP+ for her until that happens.

Unless something has changed in the last week or two it's been possible to book FP's at 60 days out even for people not on the room reservation with you. You have to do it and won't be able to modify until 30 days but it can be booked for others as well as those in the room.

She would qualify for the military ticket since she would be another guest of my other daughter. If I can book her without the room reservation maybe I will just do that. I guess I could book her into the room as we have a 1BR at BLT; my grandson is under 3. It will end up being either/or with her and my son in law, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter