How far in advance can you book a Universal Hotel?

TommyJK

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

did a search on the forums but couldn't find any answers.

Does anyone know how far in advance dates become available to book?

I'm in the early planning stages of a March 2020 trip, but it looks like booking currently goes until end of Dec 2019.

Mac I know you book your HHN dates well in advance. Any inkling as to how early dates come up? I'd want to lock in hotel as early as possible.

Cheers

I had read 500 days, but when I booked my Oct/Nov 2019 hotel in mid June 2018 the dates had been available for a few weeks. Maybe they make dates available in several-month chunks, like they do with AP rates?

Hi all,

Mac I know you book your HHN dates well in advance. Any inkling as to how early dates come up? I'd want to lock in hotel as early as possible.

Cheers[/QUOTE

I book 11 months and 27 days out

I do my hotel set up late September for September 30 of the next years stay

Booking in September and starting the hotel stay 9/29, I use the smsm code for the large discount
It’s valid for stays of 7 nights or more

I am in your exact situation with planning a March 2020 WDW/Univ trip. I have been told that Universal has to release their entire 2020 pricing calendar which should come in the next 2 months. I am OCD about it anyways and keep checking every 2 weeks just to make sure I do not miss it just because I want SOMETHING booked...but really I am not expecting anything until mid November.

Ya. I can see that CB, Aventura, and the new Dockside are available to book, but not the others yet.

Will keep checking every couple of weeks or so.

To note though, price seems significantly higher than 2019 March break. I'm gonna keep checking every once in a while to see if they come down a bit before I book

Still tons of time

To note though, price seems significantly higher than 2019 March break. I'm gonna keep checking every once in a while to see if they come down a bit before I book

Still tons of time

The cancellation policy is outstanding so we are going to book our 1 night for 3/26/2020 now then Ill keep checking to see if prices come down at all. If they do then we will rebook and cancel the more expensive rate.

Based on my price estimate with an increase built in our room is $30 less so I am not expecting the price to actually come down unless the stock market tanks.

2Q rooms at RP for 3/26/2020 booked! First thing I can check off for this trip!

Next up is WDW/Univ tickets on UT in about 4 months when the 2020 tickets become available.

2Q rooms at RP for 3/26/2020 booked! First thing I can check off for this trip!

Next up is WDW/Univ tickets on UT in about 4 months when the 2020 tickets become available.

I'm glad you posted this!
Others can see how far a person can book out.

I have only booked the one year minus 3 days out for my long trips of 14 days.
There have been a few trips when I have driven down and made hotel reservations at 5 weeks out.
But went in a time period I knew would not be packed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts