How far in advance do you plan your Disney trips?

Yanevernoinoz

Yanevernoinoz (Deb)
Is it just me or do others plan their Disney trips well and truly in advance? :laughing:

We have 3 trips planned so far:

• 2019 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & USJ
  • 2020 WDW, Universal, Busch Gardens & SeaWorld
  • 2021 Surprise trip for the other half - Route 66 followed by Disneyland & California Adventure
To work out the budget, I plan the whole trip using today's prices and then add 10% to cover CPI and exchange rates.

I love the planning and research stages :bitelip:

At least a year out. If it involves a cruise more like 1.5 to 2 years ahead of time.We had a big Disney trip in July last year Disneyland, WDW and a Disney cruise. I have told myself that we are not going for a while due to increasing costs and crowds. I don’t want to be involved in the stars wars crowds. But a little voice inside my head is saying maybe the end of 2019 or what about WDW 50th.
I think the closest I will get this year will be aulani.
We might have a few nights for our daughters birthday she has inherited my Disney obsession.

At least a year out. If it involves a cruise more like 1.5 to 2 years ahead of time.We had a big Disney trip in July last year Disneyland, WDW and a Disney cruise. I have told myself that we are not going for a while due to increasing costs and crowds. I don’t want to be involved in the stars wars crowds. But a little voice inside my head is saying maybe the end of 2019 or what about WDW 50th.
I think the closest I will get this year will be aulani.
We might have a few nights for our daughters birthday she has inherited my Disney obsession.

We were going to go to WDW for the 50th but couldn't wait that long lol.

Hopefully by going to Japan this year while Star Wars is released, that initial mad rush will be over by the time we go in 2020. I think WDW is only going to get busier and busier with everything that is coming in the next few years. The quietest I have seen Orlando theme parks is just before and just after a hurricane. The parks are like ghost towns just before. Not that you'd want a hurricane when you're on holidays lol

Well if you do go to Star Wars, be sure to tell us all about it. Love to hear a first hand experience. But if you did go, which one would you go to?

Hopefully by going to Japan this year while Star Wars is released, that initial mad rush will be over by the time we go in 2020. I think WDW is only going to get busier and busier with everything that is coming in the next few years. The quietest I have seen Orlando theme parks is just before and just after a hurricane. The parks are like ghost towns just before. Not that you'd want a hurricane when you're on holidays lol

Well if you do go to Star Wars, be sure to tell us all about it. Love to hear a first hand experience. But if you did go, which one would you go to?
I am not sure which one I would go to. It would depend on the time of the year and what other plans we had. Probably I would fly into Orlando via Dallas and fly home from LAX solves the problem of having to make a decision.

Personally I have a soft spot for Disneyland but the other Disney fan in our family prefers WDW.
Disneyland can work out a lot cheaper for us as we stay off site at Homewood suites Anaheim convention centre which allows me to make some meals. You are also not in the bubble the whole time which works well when some members of the family aren’t huge Disney fans.
But when we go to WDW when stay onsite and splurge and stay at Grandfloridan and it does allow me to feel the Disney Magic.
I would love to go to Japan it is on my list. We have been to Disneyland Paris and HongKong.

Our plan for WDW is 2022. I expect WDW's 50th anniversary will last as long as DLR's - so a year and a half, lol. Plus with the new rides debuting in 2021, I am hoping the mad rush will be over for those too :D

I am not sure which one I would go to. It would depend on the time of the year and what other plans we had. Probably I would fly into Orlando via Dallas and fly home from LAX solves the problem of having to make a decision.

Personally I have a soft spot for Disneyland but the other Disney fan in our family prefers WDW.
Disneyland can work out a lot cheaper for us as we stay off site at Homewood suites Anaheim convention centre which allows me to make some meals. You are also not in the bubble the whole time which works well when some members of the family aren’t huge Disney fans.
But when we go to WDW when stay onsite and splurge and stay at Grandfloridan and it does allow me to feel the Disney Magic.
I would love to go to Japan it is on my list. We have been to Disneyland Paris and HongKong.

My daughter wants to stay at Grand Floridian and I told her when we win lotto we will

Hong Kong is on my list as is Paris. I saw some YouTube videos by Justin Scarred and he covered the park and Paris really well (in his own quirky way) which had me wanting to go sooner rather than later.

Your plan of into Orlando and out of LAX is a ripper. I went to Disneyland in 1996 way before California Adventure so I am looking forward to visiting in 2021

My daughter wants to stay at Grand Floridian and I told her when we win lotto we will

Hong Kong is on my list as is Paris. I saw some YouTube videos by Justin Scarred and he covered the park and Paris really well (in his own quirky way) which had me wanting to go sooner rather than later.

Your plan of into Orlando and out of LAX is a ripper. I went to Disneyland in 1996 way before California Adventure so I am looking forward to visiting in 2021
If you plan to do that at some stage check out different airlines for internal flights such as southwest airlines they offer 2 free bags and often have great specials. You can also fly into SNA John Wayne airport. It is closer to Disneyland and it means you get to avoid LAX.

If you plan to do that at some stage check out different airlines for internal flights such as southwest airlines they offer 2 free bags and often have great specials. You can also fly into SNA John Wayne airport. It is closer to Disneyland and it means you get to avoid LAX.

Fantastic! Thanks for the tip. I would never have thought of that ☺

We once flew SYD-SFO(San Fran)-SNA (John Wayne) return, because it was $200 per person cheaper than flying SYD-LAX return.
The transfer from the airport to Disneyland was shorter and cheaper. Definitely worth checking prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!