How far in advance is Aulani canceling reservations?

I had two reservations in September. One was canceled 19 days out, and the other was 15 days out. Both happened on a Thursday morning. I'm curious if yours will drop off this Thursday morning when you're 17 days out. You'll have to let us know.

We are supposed to be at Aulani October 10-17 and my trip still hasn't been cancelled. I've called member services more than once and they keep telling us the same thing you all seem to have been saying. Basically October 18th is the opening date and no specific list of which amenities within the hotel will be opening are known. I'm starting to get a bit frustrated as they keep telling me my trip will automatically be cancelled and then be told at the same time they have no clue when it will or why ours hasn't already cancelled. They keep saying that cancellations are automatically happening at the 3 week mark but I'm now inside of that by a few days even. It would just be nice to know what I need to do with my flights and things like that instead of just hearing "sorry, but we don't know at this time".

I was told that they cancel them on a weekly, rolling basis. My reservation was for 10/3-10/9 and it was cancelled last Thursday. My guess is that your reservation will be cancelled this Thursday. Definitely double check on that date. It's very frustrating, I know.

I had two reservations in September. One was canceled 19 days out, and the other was 15 days out. Both happened on a Thursday morning. I'm curious if yours will drop off this Thursday morning when you're 17 days out. You'll have to let us know.

I definitely will update when it happens. I guess 3 weeks is a loose term for Aulani! :laughing:

I was told that they cancel them on a weekly, rolling basis. My reservation was for 10/3-10/9 and it was cancelled last Thursday. My guess is that your reservation will be cancelled this Thursday. Definitely double check on that date. It's very frustrating, I know.

Frustrating for sure! I'll keep an eye on it for sure especially this Thursday. Thanks for the help!

Do you happen to remember about when the trips showed up as cancelled in your account? My dashboard is still showing the trip to Aulani as active but I'm wondering if I'm too early in the morning for the system to have cancelled it. I was hoping the Thursday morning cancellation would have been when I crawled out of bed. Guess I should've slept in longer! LOL!

Do you happen to remember about when the trips showed up as cancelled in your account? My dashboard is still showing the trip to Aulani as active but I'm wondering if I'm too early in the morning for the system to have cancelled it. I was hoping the Thursday morning cancellation would have been when I crawled out of bed. Guess I should've slept in longer! LOL!

My cancellation didn’t happen first thing in the morning. I would say it disappeared by 9 am PST. You can also call the Aulani and see if it was cancelled.

For the second one, I checked at 7 am MST and it was still active. By 10 am MST, it was gone.

Thanks for everyone's help on this. They finally cancelled our trip about 5 minutes ago. The points are back in my account and my trip reservation is no longer on my dashboard.

We were scheduled to arrive 10/26 and I cancelled about a month ago. I can't trust Gov Ige to keep his promises of opening with a negative Covid test and I wasn't willing to lose all that money for a drip from NY to Hawaii on a maybe. Even if Aulani opens on 10/15, will all of the facilities be open like pools, waterslide, etc? Those take time to get up and running.

Wow! That’s cutting it close. We fly in for 11/5-13! I hope they share more details what “phased” means.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter