how far in advance of trip does DVC discounted AP need to be ordered?

thats to have it mailed to home

I am not sure about being mailed but we went right to the window at the front on MGM guest services and bought it right there and it was very quick.

If you buy it at the gate, make sure you have your blue membership card and photo IDs for all who are of licensing age. Otherwise, no discount...

I just ordered ours on-line yesterday. My receipt quoted 2 weeks including first class mail time.

Let me share a word of caution. :confused: When I first tried to order by clicking on the Annual Pass order link on the home page of the DVC Member site, I was sent to a non discounted Annual Pass order site. The same site that I used last year before we were members. Not seeing the discount, I called MS to verify how to order. I explained my findings to the CM and she told me not to worry, the system knows that we are DVC members and that the discount will be automatically applied. I tried the link again and this time I was sent to a different site that had DVC all over it. Our discount was visible during the order process so I placed our order. Bottom line... If you don't see the discount at the time of ordering, do not proceed unless you enjoy the hassle of trying to get a refund. :surfweb:

Bill

You need a couple of weeks to have the voucher mailed to your home. An AP must be activated once you get to WDW. The time frame starts once it is activated. The 2 main reasons for me to purchase ahead of time are to get in before a price increase and to be able to order the DDE card before I get to WDW. The 3rd reason is to have paid for it before the trip. These are my reasons not necessarily the ones that apply to other people.

I just ordered ours on-line yesterday. My receipt quoted 2 weeks including first class mail time.

Let me share a word of caution. :confused: When I first tried to order by clicking on the Annual Pass order link on the home page of the DVC Member site, I was sent to a non discounted Annual Pass order site. The same site that I used last year before we were members. Not seeing the discount, I called MS to verify how to order. I explained my findings to the CM and she told me not to worry, the system knows that we are DVC members and that the discount will be automatically applied. I tried the link again and this time I was sent to a different site that had DVC all over it. Our discount was visible during the order process so I placed our order. Bottom line... If you don't see the discount at the time of ordering, do not proceed unless you enjoy the hassle of trying to get a refund. :surfweb:

Bill

You will get a voucher and still have to go to GR to get your passes.

That's what we did last year. The nice thing about a new pass is that the year clock doesn't start until we use the voucher at GR to pick up our passes.

We just went to the MK guest services window and bought ours. In fact, we had two old one day Base Tickets that they applied toward the cost of them (that we had bought during the Free Dining in 05). We just showed our DVC Membership card.

Can we buy APs with the discount for my parents who are not DVC Members? theirs expired in December and it would be nice to buy them ones with the discounted rate.

No, you can't use your discount to buy for others. I will say though that I am not sure how you prove children in this though. We had no proof at all that our kids were our kids when we bought their discounted APs in December. I could have easily bought for someone elses child I think. Anyone know the answer to THAT?

It wasn't the best way to handle it, but last year, I managed to plan a trip, buy an AP and get the DDE in one week - not sent to my home, and it was an extra bit of hassle, chasing around etc. I ordered the AP ahead of time and arranged a will-call. Then I tried to get the DDE card, but I didn't have a voucher or AP number, so I called somewhere else (the DDE person directed me) to get my AP number in advance, and arranged to pick up both the temporary DDE card and the AP at Epcot the night of arrival. It was an extra hassle all around, but I got it pushed through! It would be much more pleasant to order your voucher a month or two out and use that to get your DDE card issued.

No, you can't use your discount to buy for others. I will say though that I am not sure how you prove children in this though. We had no proof at all that our kids were our kids when we bought their discounted APs in December. I could have easily bought for someone elses child I think. Anyone know the answer to THAT?

Interesting question. One also has to wonder about a couple who (for who knows why) would have just one person on the contract...like say just the wife or just the husband.

thank you - i was thinking for the discount it would need to be ordered ahead of time - good to know i can get it at the gate

now whats the price difference btwn 10day nonexp myw ticket w/hopping (never used) vs DVC disc ap?

According to Deb's site:

10-day adult PH MYW no-exp = $443.04/$435.59 (gate/advance)
10-day adult non-PH MYW no-exp = $395.12

AP w/ DVC discount = $355.71/$323.76 (initial/renewal)

-Kat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter