How Far in advance...

cyborgcharlotte

Earning My Ears
how far in advance should I call and rent a couple of ECVs? My mother and I are both amputees, and we plan to rent ECVs from one of the off site places. Our trip is in January, how far out should I make these reservations?

LOL, if you are like me, you wait until you get halfway around World Showcase in Epcot to decide you can't move another step, and call to have someone delivery one right then... That's how I rented my first ECV!

NO, DON'T DO THAT - seriously, even though January is slow, it's a great idea to plan ahead a bit!

You don't have to rent them *today*, but if you are like me, I *LOVE* ticking off those boxes on my "to-do" list, and renting ahead is something you can easily accomplish. I'm already knee-deep into planning for our January trip.

If you rent any time before December, I would say just check in with your rental vendor at about the 30 day mark, and then I would call and do a "reminder" check between 5 & 7 days prior to arrival. (That's just me; you don't have to do that - I have just learned that it's worth it for my peace of mind!)

January is slow, so you can probably safely wait until 30 days out :)

LOL, if you are like me, you wait until you get halfway around World Showcase in Epcot to decide you can't move another step, and call to have someone delivery one right then... That's how I rented my first ECV!

NO, DON'T DO THAT - seriously, even though January is slow, it's a great idea to plan ahead a bit!

You don't have to rent them *today*, but if you are like me, I *LOVE* ticking off those boxes on my "to-do" list, and renting ahead is something you can easily accomplish. I'm already knee-deep into planning for our January trip.

If you rent any time before December, I would say just check in with your rental vendor at about the 30 day mark, and then I would call and do a "reminder" check between 5 & 7 days prior to arrival. (That's just me; you don't have to do that - I have just learned that it's worth it for my peace of mind!)

January is slow, so you can probably safely wait until 30 days out :)

LOL, my first trip to Universal? I spent one whole day walking both islands of adventure and universal studios. Got back to the hotel and where my prosthetic meets my real leg? A total disaster, I'll put it that way. I could not walk the rest of my trip. From that moment on, I vowed never again. I will suck up my pride and my independence and get a scooter or a chair so I can at least enjoy my trip!

I am the same way though, i love to tick off boxes and know all my ducks are in order and at least in the same pond. I've pretty much gotten my trip in jan. scheduled, all but FP and the ECVs.

But thank you! I havent been in Jan. yet. We went in december of last year as a last minute trip. So I scheduled them right away. This is my first trip thats planned over 6+ months out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter